• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sky Command

EDUK8TR

Greetings!

I Finally set up my TH-D72A up with Sky Command. It took a little
while to familiarize myself with the workings but I got the general things down. After I got my TS-2000 set up I decided to get in my truck and drive away from my home and see what kind of range I could get. I drove around town and called on 28.610 where some of my local ham buddies hang out. I roused the attention of N3BA, Bob, and we got involved in a QSO dealing with the Sky Command features. Bob indicated that the hand held sounded good and that he too had played around with this on his set up. I pulled into a parking lot about 4 miles from my station and continued the QSO. At that point another Ham gave his call. VK7XX, John, on the island of Tasmania. Imagine having a QSO with a VK station from Virginia on a handheld! Well, a handheld controlling my TS-2000 back at home
with 100 watts and the Hex beam pointed NE(where I had left it pointed when I left) which made the contact also long path. The wonders of Kenwood technology.
That was really fun.;)

Wayne C.
WV4L

Reactions: 3 people

Cool story! I'm glad you like the setup. Is the procedure difficult to change HF frequencies from the HT?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.