• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sky Command

EDUK8TR

Greetings!

I Finally set up my TH-D72A up with Sky Command. It took a little
while to familiarize myself with the workings but I got the general things down. After I got my TS-2000 set up I decided to get in my truck and drive away from my home and see what kind of range I could get. I drove around town and called on 28.610 where some of my local ham buddies hang out. I roused the attention of N3BA, Bob, and we got involved in a QSO dealing with the Sky Command features. Bob indicated that the hand held sounded good and that he too had played around with this on his set up. I pulled into a parking lot about 4 miles from my station and continued the QSO. At that point another Ham gave his call. VK7XX, John, on the island of Tasmania. Imagine having a QSO with a VK station from Virginia on a handheld! Well, a handheld controlling my TS-2000 back at home
with 100 watts and the Hex beam pointed NE(where I had left it pointed when I left) which made the contact also long path. The wonders of Kenwood technology.
That was really fun.;)

Wayne C.
WV4L

Reactions: 3 people

Cool story! I'm glad you like the setup. Is the procedure difficult to change HF frequencies from the HT?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned