• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SKYWAVE BEAMS

youngest man

Nov 1, 2005
I MODIFY MACO BEAMS I JUST BUILT A 7 ELEMENT FLATSIDE ANTENNA ON A 28FT BOOM WITH A 10.52DBI AND 47.77DB FRONT TO BACK RATIO WITH A FLAT SWR ON 27.025 I CAN MOD THE BEAM TO ANY FREQ.

IF YOU ARE A TRUE CBER AND YOU TALK ON 27.025 IF YOU WANT TO HERE ONE OF MY ANTENNA ITS A GUY NAME LITE WEIGHT HE LIVE ON THE SANDPILE I BUILT HIM A 7 ELEMENT FLATE AT 28FT AND HE RUNS A 2X8PILL FATBOY BASE BOX AND HE GET HIS NAME CALLED AND CUTS OFF RADIOS WITH HIS ANTENNA. HE HAS A SKYWAVE 7 WITH A LITTLE WATTS YOU CAN BE HERD IN THERE WITH THOSE BIG BOYS.

I can believe the forward gain figures of 10.52 dBi for a seven element but the F/B of 47.77 dB looks a little high.I know my homebrew 6 element for 6m is really tight on the back and sides.Too tight really but the gain is nice.

"IF YOU ARE A TRUE CBER AND YOU TALK ON 27.025 IF YOU WANT TO HERE ONE OF MY ANTENNA ITS A GUY NAME LITE...". Hmm. Guess I'm not a 'true CBer'.

I can modify a commercial beam for use on other bands too. Dang! I might be a 'true' CBer after all!

I have an antenna modeling program. I know how to use it. I don't always trust the results completely. Rats... still may not be a 'true CBer'.

If you have the structure to hold the thing, and the rotor to turn it, I can make you a seven element beam for 80 or 160 meters... ~IF~ you pay for it! Dang! I think we're both 'true CBers'!

Do I make those type beams all the time? ... ...Yeah! Sure I do! And I'll hold my breath till you send me that blank check...
(and if you believe that... I don't know what that makes you!) ;) and I'll quit while I can still 'stand' myself.
- 'Doc

youngest man said:
I MODIFY MACO BEAMS I JUST BUILT A 7 ELEMENT FLATSIDE ANTENNA ON A 28FT BOOM WITH A 10.52DBI AND 47.77DB FRONT TO BACK RATIO WITH A FLAT SWR ON 27.025 I CAN MOD THE BEAM TO ANY FREQ.

We don't hate you. We are just having a little laugh.After all YOU did say ANY FREQ. didn't you? :LOL:

youngest man,
I'm sorry you feel that way. To the best of my knowledge, I have no feeling toward you at all, good, bad, or indifferent. How can I, I don't know you. I do think it's nice that you are proud of what you are making, good for you. I also think that it would be in your best interest to realize that you are not the only person able to make antennas. I think over the last 40 years I've made every one that I've used except for maybe 7 or 8. Not because I do such a fantastic job of it, but because I'm cheap and lazy.
- 'Doc

PS - And if you took my other post as the absolute truth... Do I have a deal for you! lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.