• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sleeved cb antenna never seen

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
I saw this and I dont think think I've ever seen one. I'd like to read some more about it maybe.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1669815793794.jpg
    FB_IMG_1669815793794.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 38

47-Vertical_Sleeve_Antenna_for_10m.jpg

47-Vertical_Sleeve_Antenna_for_10m.jpg
That's interesting and looks fairly simple to make. So I take it there's some sort of copper sleeve over the braiding? Could use copper tubing? Shrink wrap the whole thing to weatherproof it maybe.

Looking at it some more and thinking about it, it's just a dipole. Any gains they claim wouldve been from having a matching ground section where the automobile might or might not have a good enough match. That's all I see. Not that it's a terrible idea or anything but if the car is a good enough counterpoise then youd see no real improvement over a whip fed at the same height. Maybe I'm wrong

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated