• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure enough. Someone pointed me to his live stream and I could not have hit pay dirt if I wanted to.
He had some Cobra 29 from Hawaii that a customer sent back.
And he is cussing and carrying on.... "how the f--k am I supposed to fix it man"
"I left here working i don't know what to tell you man f--k this s--t"

"Let me heat the radio up"

Then he runs a toy piano into the thing for nearly 10 minutes.
Then he feels the back and sides and says "the audio chip is hot! the audio chip is the problem!"
You just ran the thing in TX for damn near 10 minutes with a high pitched shriek into the mic!
Of course it will be hot!

Then he picks up his camera and tells the customer that he is replacing the audio amplifier because he ran the thing in TX for ever and a day and it got hot. That's what the problem is.

Then he tells the customer he put an old audio chip in the radio because he didn't have a new one. But I am betting he replaced that chip that was probably working with a new one.....
"I hope this fixes it so I am going to send it in the box with a cobra 2000 because I am broke and need money"

Proceeded with screaming "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddiiiiiiiiiooooooo" for 10 minutes.

Then he runs that damned piano into it for 10 more minutes!

"F--K! It's getting hot! same thing as last time!"
YOU THINK?

*touches solder side of pcb to make fart noises*

Screams "audio" for several minutes again.

Runs it into the piano for another 10 minutes!
"F--k it's hot!"

Records video... says he had it keyed down for 3 minutes, but it was a lot longer.
complains to the stream. whines about what the f--k is is supposed to do.
whines that it's not his fault... it's the customer. but he never said that in the video he made for the customer obviously. complains for 10 more minutes....
Every other word is a f--k or s--t.

If there were not real customers involved it would be funny.
And his gratuitous use of expletives.
And his little piano.

I am officially blown away.

that is a typical Tim video.
he practices on other peoples' radios.

there is a good reason that comments are disabled for his videos.
LC

Reactions: tecnicoloco
I know people that put that stuff in the dish washer... and i shack my head...
the thing i have with water is it will stay in the tuning cans and it is tap water with shit in it... You need to flush that shit out by soaking it in alcohol then blowing warm air over it...

Reactions: silver devil
Yes hoses a radio down with water. I'll try to find the video. I'm sure it had been posted somewhere in this forum a year or so ago.

Do you remember that video of a blonde female hosing down the inside of his new mercedes I think it was, went viral many years ago.

Back on topic , his video has been disabled by owner.

Oh my. Oh my.....

25 to 26 HOURS?
For what?

Poor Greg in Hawaii.
Same guy with the Cobra 29 that he screamed his piano into perhaps?

Also bear in mind, sometimes you get cockroach infestations inside warm electronics.

Actually, that is true.
But in order to clean them they need to be prepped.

I do want to again point out that in the other video he pointed out that he had to replace several.. SEVERAL transformers AFTER he hosed it out.
To the tune of 3 hours for TX and 3 hours for RX.
And then hit the customer up "for a deal" of only $100 more.

Oh, and on the new video I see meters and other non-water friendly parts that had to be "replaced"
No doubt at the cost of the customer because he took a garden hose to it.

Another hose video he just posted that is degeaser he must of hose it or will eat it up alive.

There are many safe degreasers on the market for industrial users but not so much for the regular consumer. I work in an industry that makes products that come into contact with food and ALL our greases and even degreasers are food safe. The degreaser is even water based.....not sure how that works but it is diluted with water from the barrel. :confused: One thing for sure regardless of the degreaser base it is NOT good for pots, switches and such. It will completely strip them of any lubrication. :eek:

Reactions: tecnicoloco
That's pretty funny.
But it sounds staged to me.

He's another Hardrive Fan. After watching this video, he was refering to the HR2510 that Hardrive made a video about being smashed up, Initially I thought it was just another competitor ( still can be ) but this is his side of the story. Then again he was before this situation always a Hardrive fan. Judging by him talking on the last video I posted, He was standing up for Hardrive.

Also makes prank calls to cb radio tuner. hilarious He questions the potential peak and tuner about Scopes and tools, the guy says he has everthing LOL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.