• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me to reach out to Rakish but he doesn't seem to be interested or I have the wrong guy.
Anyone know how to contact him?
People want me to go on his show. I get a lot of messages about it.
I have his phone number, but we Don't speak since I found out he's a scam artist.

Why is it that i can't seem to find any sympathy in me for anybody sending their rigs into snake radio.

They watch the videos flicking around like he's wanking & filming & talking shit at the same time, They like what they see & hear,
They send them in,

Its the way nature intended, stupid is genetic not something you learn,
I prefer to keep those three activities separate.

London East end Asian accent "its all about the bling init".

Who fell out of a chair? Timmy?
I want.
I read about this video where he dropped a radio that's funny too.
Who has this footage?

Reactions: KD2GOE
Seams Timmy is just a parts changer, anything out of the ordinary he is lost!
To be fair, Tim's website states that he is a restorer. If he said he is a tech; that would be a very different situation. If someone has a radio that they don't want to work on themselves, because they do not know how and agree to pay for his brand of expertise - not to mention his hourly rates; then that is where they will go. He does change out parts that aren't necessary to restore a radio, and it does appear that he does this to add time to the cost of the job. We have seen enough of his very own videos that made this all too clear.

He has said he is a tech.
He refers to himself as one.
I have heard it in the videos. His customers call him that.

As to him restoring that's not restoration.
There are people that restore things.
They would disagree with blue lights and bling being "factory restored"

He takes in broken radios all the time.
So he definitely portrays himself as a tech.

Yes he also does custom work, such as LEDs and channel kits - agreed.
But he hasn't referred to himself as a tech for quite some time; think he got over that years ago.
If he has said so recently, I would like to see the video.

I have heard it in a recent video that I worked my magic on. I can't remember which one.
I never bother to point it out because it's accepted universally that he considers himself a tech. Next time I hear it I will point it out.

As someone that watches the videos when I edit them I can tell you that he has said this.
I will do my best to point it out next time.

So where did all his videos go? He only has a few up. Did he hide them or take them off?

He set them all to private.
I gave one to another customer this morning.

Speaking of which Snake oil customers....
Since he is refusing to give you the video that he did you need to call him out.
I understand that asking me for the video since I have about 300 gigabytes worth is easier but it takes time for me to upload it so you can download it and I am not into the business of archiving radio videos.
You need to call him out on it, please.

Guys, I don't have an iron in this fire, but would like to put in my two cents worth if that's okay.

I don't know Tim but have seen a few of his videos and personally would not send a radio to him to be restored or repaired because he handles them so roughly. Whether or not he knows what he's doing or charges too much, it is clear how most of you feel. It's also been stated he uses foul language and calls people names and the such.
I've not watched any such videos nor do I care to.

What I don't understand is why some of you have spent 23 pages doing the same thing. He's been berated, laughed at and called every name in the book. Your animosity for him and hostility toward him pour off these pages. We know how you feel.

Fourstringburn has previously eloquently stated how our hobby of radio is our escape from the daily grind. And a portion of that grind is seeing and listening to the hate and anger displayed each day on the evening news. Surely we can do without those here. Can't we?

Can't this be a sight where we gather to discuss radios, antennas, etc. and offer each other positive and constructive help? And share ideas and even debate in a fun and civil manner? And share laughs, but not at anyone's expense? Now THAT would be a grand escape. And that is what we typically have here. And that's why this thread seems so out of place. IMHO this is a thread that belongs on one of those other CB sites.

If I have spoken out of place or offended anyone, I apologize. I just hate to see so much time and energy spent throwing stones at an individual under the guise of "alerting the public". There's clearly much more going here. We were "alerted" twenty pages ago. Point made. What good can possibly come of showing a video of him falling from a chair? Or coming up with one more name for him?

Life is short, guys. Way too short.

Respectfully,
Jim

Reactions: Old_Crow
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.