• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So far I'm liking it...

WR0220

Oct 26, 2008
DX Land
A few months back I picked up an R6000 multi-band antenna so I could get onto a few of the HF bands. Time constraints and weather have prevented me from putting up the antenna - until this past weekend. We had a nice, spring like day so up it went. Obviously, since the antenna has only been up for a couple of days I can't give a review, but so far I'm liking it. Yesterday afternoon I decided to give the new antenna a try. On 15m I made a contact with KL7LF Joe in Fairbanks, Alaska. Spun the dial and made contact with JE1RXJ 'Tack' in Hiratsuka City, Japan. Then I dropped back down frequency a little and made contact with JA8ECS 'Kazu' in Sapporo, Japan. My 'fish finder' indicated activity up the band a few khz so I let a little line out of my reel and made a contact with JO7CVU 'Ken' in Sendai City, Japan. All reports were 59 with excellent copy on both ends. I'm running a 756 ProII @ 50% power (about 50w pep) into the R6000 @ approx. 25 feet. I wish I would have had more time to play radio, but I needed to reduce the length of the honey-do list before dinner time...lol.

i know all about the honey do list. sounds like you have got a great setup. hope you get more time to use it. hope to here you on the air. 73's (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.