• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So who is Sky Walker on eBay?

It's just somebody's marketing gimmick to make you think you're getting something special. IOW, BS.

I just looked at one of their auctions, where the radio offered has been "Supertuned" and ran through their "Spectrun Analyzer". Yes, that's how they spelled it. Also states the radio will put out 30-40 watts, but fail to mention in what mode.

Seems their certified radio technician has been doing this for 40 years. That's nice. Who certified the tech? What, exactly, is the certification?

They state in that auction that they set the radio for modulation at "100%, with Loud, and Clear Audio Reports." Well, yeah, at 100% modulation if your audio isn't loud and clear you've probably done something horribly wrong.

I will give them credit for answering their neutral feedback, and not having any negatives in the last year. So they at least deliver a functional product to the end user and do seem to care about their reputation.

To me it sounds like the standard "peak and tune" you could just about anywhere. Well, anywhere a CB shop still exists. But it has to have a grizzled old technician who still smokes at his bench to give it that authentic flavor.

Personally I wouldn't pay what they're asking, but then I tend to buy broken crap off of ebay and craigslist and try to fix it with the occasional success. OK, rare success.

Feedback on eBay is BS.It's a know fact that SuperHawk with his famous Yellow Table has many Unhappy customers who gave Negative Feedback but strangely they don't show up on eBay?How can that be if the feedback system is Honest? eBay is a SCAM organization & removing those sellers with negative feedback would cost them money so they allow them to remain & they collect the fees even when they settle against the criminals among them.They are far more worried about their Bottom Line than a few unhappy customers since they have 10 new ones for every one that left because of a scammer who they refuse to show their negative feed back reports.

SIX-SHOOTER

Even using lower quality nickle plated connectors is no excuse for poor solder connections. You need to use the right amount of heat and using solder with 2 or 3% silver content helps as well. Here are a couple nickle plated connectors I soldered up years ago. The holes are filled good and the solder bonds to the coax braid underneath. I must have done a few thousand of these in my lifetime. coax 1.jpg

Coax 2.jpg

Even using lower quality nickle plated connectors is no excuse for poor solder connections. You need to use the right amount of heat and using solder with 2 or 3% silver content helps as well. Here are a couple nickle plated connectors I soldered up years ago. The holes are filled good and the solder bonds to the coax braid underneath. I must have done a few thousand of these in my lifetime. View attachment 39926

View attachment 39929
A file helps to get that crappy nickel finish off and down to brass. Tinning before assembly will keep the heat down. Ive learned a few tricks and im no tech lol.
And hes claiming those are amphenol connectors and thats a lie according to his pictures.
Makes me want to buy one just to leave some feedback.

Even using lower quality nickle plated connectors is no excuse for poor solder connections. You need to use the right amount of heat and using solder with 2 or 3% silver content helps as well. Here are a couple nickle plated connectors I soldered up years ago. The holes are filled good and the solder bonds to the coax braid underneath. I must have done a few thousand of these in my lifetime. View attachment 39926

View attachment 39929
looks simular to my soldering finish.but i used to solder battery terminals on itty bitty batterys at eagle pitcher making spacecraft batterys when i was 19 . Worked late fall,winter n quit in early spring to run my dumptruck.back then the construction buisness quit in fall till mid spring.my bank wanted that huge $195 a month payment in 74.
Eagle pitcher begged me to stay.
Now i got to use magnifying glass n hands not as steady but i solder lots of 259s on for friends,never charge em just expect a thank you

A file helps to get that crappy nickel finish off and down to brass. Tinning before assembly will keep the heat down. Ive learned a few tricks and im no tech lol.
And hes claiming those are amphenol connectors and thats a lie according to his pictures.
go ahead lemme know when you post so i can reply back with a like for your honest post

I used to file the nickle off to expose the brass underneath but later figured why bother. Proper soldering techniques do not require that. I do prefer the silver plated connectors for sure however I have dozens of the older nickle plated ones still in service. Some of them are decades old. Some are on RG-8 type cable and others are on RG-58 or RG-8X cables with the appropriate adapter sleeve, all soldered as pictured above. I do however HIGHLY recommend the use of a solder with 2 or 3% silver content. It is not that much more expensive and has much better wetting and adhesion properties than regular tin/lead solder and do NOT even get me started on the lead free shit out there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.