• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So who is Sky Walker on eBay?

NightOwl3261

Jul 24, 2020
Sorry been out of the hobby for a few years.
Most likely common knowledge but not for me!

"SKIP TALKING^^^SKY WALKER" ???

Last edited:

It's just somebody's marketing gimmick to make you think you're getting something special. IOW, BS.

I just looked at one of their auctions, where the radio offered has been "Supertuned" and ran through their "Spectrun Analyzer". Yes, that's how they spelled it. Also states the radio will put out 30-40 watts, but fail to mention in what mode.

Seems their certified radio technician has been doing this for 40 years. That's nice. Who certified the tech? What, exactly, is the certification?

They state in that auction that they set the radio for modulation at "100%, with Loud, and Clear Audio Reports." Well, yeah, at 100% modulation if your audio isn't loud and clear you've probably done something horribly wrong.

I will give them credit for answering their neutral feedback, and not having any negatives in the last year. So they at least deliver a functional product to the end user and do seem to care about their reputation.

To me it sounds like the standard "peak and tune" you could just about anywhere. Well, anywhere a CB shop still exists. But it has to have a grizzled old technician who still smokes at his bench to give it that authentic flavor.

Personally I wouldn't pay what they're asking, but then I tend to buy broken crap off of ebay and craigslist and try to fix it with the occasional success. OK, rare success.

It's a standard peak/tune with some very expensive colored led chicken lights. He may do some hifi rx/tx mods and slightly tweak those too.
To his credit he has decent feedback and i dont see many of his radios sold second hand. Most people seem to be hanging on to them.
You better like looking at it because very few others will see it lol.

Sorry been out of the hobby for a few years.
Most likely common knowledge but not for me!

"SKIP TALKING^^^SKY WALKER" ???

The guy is just trying to push his stuff. He's saying it's a skip talker and a sky walker, like his signal will walk across the sky or something.

That said years ago there was a line of custom amplifiers called Skywalker.

Reactions: barefootindian
The guys name is JR, located in Southport NC. Gimmick isn't the correct term but I'd get time-out if I typed what it really is... use your imagination.

Not from personal experience here but from someone with firsthand experience...

You have to make an appointment to see the guy, his shop is at and in his house. You walk in the front door, you're greeted by JR in his PJ's. To your immediate left will be a fireplace where the new radios are lined up for sale. To the right of that fireplace will be a door that goes to a room adjoining his garage, that is where the magic happens. No, not that magic, the radio magic, get ya mind out the gutter.

The person who told me this said they felt kinda creeped out and weird the whole time they were there, bought a new radio and had JR "peak and tune" it. Was told they had a warranty... fast forward to a few weeks or so... radio was janky.

A phone call told this person of the taillight warranty and that they were never told by JR that there was any warranty at all. Basically left the guy holding the bag with a brand new General HP40.

JR seems like a nice guy but - never mind.

I fixed the radio.

The guys name is JR, located in Southport NC. Gimmick isn't the correct term but I'd get time-out if I typed what it really is... use your imagination.

Not from personal experience here but from someone with firsthand experience...

You have to make an appointment to see the guy, his shop is at and in his house. You walk in the front door, you're greeted by JR in his PJ's. To your immediate left will be a fireplace where the new radios are lined up for sale. To the right of that fireplace will be a door that goes to a room adjoining his garage, that is where the magic happens. No, not that magic, the radio magic, get ya mind out the gutter.

The person who told me this said they felt kinda creeped out and weird the whole time they were there, bought a new radio and had JR "peak and tune" it. Was told they had a warranty... fast forward to a few weeks or so... radio was janky.

A phone call told this person of the taillight warranty and that they were never told by JR that there was any warranty at all. Basically left the guy holding the bag with a brand new General HP40.

JR seems like a nice guy but - never mind.

I fixed the radio.
Just your description with a little imagination makes me wonder where the gimp was hiding during the visit haha. I shouldn't have but that's where my thoughts went. Surely you fellas remember the movie right

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.