• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Solarcon MAX OPTIMZER The Ultimate 10-11 Meter Base Antenna

Unit 194

Feb 25, 2006
New Jersey
Solarcon MAX OPTIMZER The Ultimate Optimizable 10-11 Meter Base Station Antenna 5000 Watt Rated New IMAX 2000 Upgrade. NEW! Upgraded replacement for IMAX-2000 antenna. MaxOptimizer allows you to choose between a balanced 10 -11 meter antenna that will perform well in both bands or optimize the antenna for the 11 meter band. https://www.walcottradio.com/solarcon-max-optimzer-p-3632.html

The optimizer section is 12 inches long. Based on my personal experience and fix I’d say that nothing has changed regarding the newer IMAX2000’s length that everyone was having issues tuning on 11 meter.

• Replacement for IMAX2000 Antenna
  • Original IMAX 2000 is now discontinued
  • 1-2 DB better than ANY other 5/8ths wave(y):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Wow! $210 USD plus shipping (R & L has $239 free ship) ...
Think I would buy Penetrator for $$220 USD...Hell the MOSLEY GP is only $100 more...The Zero 5 still $150 more...so maybe not horrible price since ALM cost has Doubled last 2 years!!! but BIG jump from the old $100 USD price for years.
A99 still less than $100...but that antenna not even as good as Dipole :LOL::p

Balanced antenna? That would imply being center fed, unless there is another way to try and balance a vertical antenna? So its a T2LT or perhaps a Gainmaster style of matching? I would lean towards the T2LT type as that can handle quite a bit of power on its own without a matching circuit...

Not sure on overall length, but it does have an added one foot section for "optimized cb use", which would make the antenna unbalanced when using said section...

Then there is this line...

Add the MAX GPK ground plane kit for even better performance

If a ground plane kit benefits this antenna, that will rule out it being a balanced antenna, or for that matter any form of (near) center fed antenna...

More information needed.

The DB

Makes sense since those two bands are what folks are tuning for. Wish antron-99 had the same thing since the trim data in their manual is incorrect and it's difficult to switch back to 11 after trimming for 10. I trimmed my 99, 4" less than the manual said, and it put me perfectly at 28.410. Would have had to learn CW if I believed the book.
I'd buy a 10/11 top section for the 99 with a cap built in it for both bands if they made it.

It's been a while since I used an original Imax, but as I remember it was pretty broad-banded in it's original configuration. I've had 2 with the first one snapping off at the first junction. Replaced it and then eventually replaced it with a SPT500. The Imax is laying on the side yard. It worked very well for me, but I think the SPT500 is a little more quite though, less broad--banded. I also had the GPK for the Imax.

Reactions: Marconi
That is a pretty hefty price tag. So it sounds like they are now making it to the original length. Possibly with a additional section to keep shipping cost down. And almost doubled the price of the antenna.

Reactions: Marconi
That is a pretty hefty price tag. So it sounds like they are now making it to the original length. Possibly with a additional section to keep shipping cost down. And almost doubled the price of the antenna.
One of the local guys (my friend) recently purchased a I MAX 2000 from ebay. I advised him to measure the shipping box prior to opening and if the box is not eight feet long, he did not receive the original twenty-four foot antenna. The box was not eight feet long and he opened the box and measured the total length of the segments, and it was not a twenty-four foot antenna as advertised on ebay. He contacted ebay and the seller. The seller authorized the antenna be returned at no cost.
He recently received and installed an Antron 99, and he is happy as a pig in mud!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated