• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

solarcon

it indeed is an A99 antenna (only ok antenna though)
The Imax 2000 he speaks of is slightly better (24 not 27 ft tall)

Its not exactly 16 probly 17 that just what G Pa told me when i went to get it. How high up should i put it and how well will it work hooked to a president hr2600?

Its not exactly 16 probly 17 that just what G Pa told me when i went to get it. How high up should i put it and how well will it work hooked to a president hr2600?

36 feet from the ground to the feed point or higher would be great! With your HR2600 it should work really well. Get some good coax - though. Don't bother/settle with cheap crap like Radio Shack coax - that is for sure. If you live near a Ham Radio Outlet, get some LMR 240 Flex - only $.70/ft and connectors cost about $3.75 each w/the cable reduction sleeve.

Correction: the IMAX 2000 is 24 ft in length.
Thanks...

Indeed try for a minimum height of 36 ft...
But..

that will mean nothing if there are many other objects as high or higher close by..

So be sure it is higher then any surrounding structures and or trees
( if you are in a valley not much you can do though)

If you can and or are willing to go higher then 36 ft
then go for it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1