• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sole Surviving WV Miner is a Ham

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Sole Surviving WV Miner is a Ham (Jan 4, 2006) -- The only survivor of Monday's mine explosion in West Virginia is Randal McCloy Jr, KC8VKZ, of Philippi, West Virginia. He is reported to be in critical condition in a local hospital.

Here is his address if anyone would like to send a card-

KC8VKZ
Randal L McCloy, Jr
PO BOX 223
Philippi WV 26435
USA

Wow thats interesting!!!! Its sad to hear that those 12 miners died!!!!! I feel for their familys and friends!!!! It was shocking that they thought 12 were alive and not dead!!!!! Lets hope Randal makes a full recovery!!!!!!!!!

I thought I read this morning that 12 of the 13 miners were found alive. Whats up with that?

Cheech said:
They screwed up :? Some miss comunication or something!!! I would be P.O. if I was one of their family members!!! :? :cry:

A news story indicated that police SWAT teams were at the church. When survivors were told the men were not alive, several fights broke out and at least one person who rushed mine officials had to be wrestled to the floor. I can't blame people for being angry. It had to be twice as bed having heard they were alive and then told that they were found dead.

Someone apparently heard a cellphone conversation that they thought indicated the men were found alive and it spread very fast.

it is a tragity that 12 lost their lives..
is kind of cool the sole survivver is a ham operator..

however he is in cridical condition last i heard on the news
let's hope he pulls though

later

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.