• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Some guys RX is echoing

PSDfreak

Feb 10, 2006
Danville & Chico, CA
Sometimes I get RX where the guys voice is echoing...Its not with everyone just once in a while...but it is constant with that person...is it their radio?? I am still learning the ins and outs of CB radios...

Thanks,
Casey

some radios come with and some use echo type mic's ,some use it to much and it sounds bad ,some use it and set it right and it sounds good ,to each his or her own . You alright ,no need to adjust your cb set , you are hearing what your hearing (-:

ya you are just hearing an echo board.

in my openion i have never heard a good sounding echo. i think they should all disapear or people should follow the rules laid down by the fcc and not have them installed.

thats to bad , would mean that they really don't have it set right for talking ,rather making noise is what it sounds like ,you really don't need much echo or reverb to make it sound nice and very well understood ,echo boards can make stock mic;s sound very nice when set right. Where is Chico California ? IM in So.Cal Ontario area.

what kind of radio are you using PSD ? if your RF gain does not seem to work as it should (bring down the incoming signal until you can just about dissapate all of it ,unlike the squelch that will knock out the signal but not the incoming carriers) you might have a variable drive on your RF Gain ? which would bring your power up and down. whatever the case may be ? it sounds like your radio might need a good looking at.

Switch Kit said:
what kind of radio are you using PSD ? if your RF gain does not seem to work as it should (bring down the incoming signal until you can just about dissapate all of it ,unlike the squelch that will knock out the signal but not the incoming carriers) you might have a variable drive on your RF Gain ? which would bring your power up and down. whatever the case may be ? it sounds like your radio might need a good looking at.

I know that when my SWR meter is hooked up to the system, as I adjust the RF Gain up and down, the SWR's go up and down...or maybe its the power that is going up and down...that would make sense.

-Casey

I really don't mind echo -- when the darn thing is set right-- a BIT of echo/reverb actually makes the audio sound sort of bigger-- the problem is guys that don't set their echo mic right-- the just crank up the slider to get more mic gain but the echo becomes crazy
A bit of echo/reverb sounds good-- just enough where its hardly noticable-- like where you can't pick out that the guy is using echo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.