• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Someone Sent Snake 12 Radios To Get Worked On WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
M42Duster is correct.

Doug runs Custom CB Radios. Very nice guy and seems to do good work. If you have tech questions, he's patient and is willing to share info. Had a friend of mine that was stumped on a Texas Ranger TR-966 mobile that had issues, and Doug spent about 2 hours with him over the phone and walked him thru it all. My friend got the radio fixed and it worked great.

While i've never had Doug do anything for me, I was there when my friend and Doug had their conversation, and I was pleased with how Doug handled things.

Just my .02 worth. :LOL:

~Cheers~

Copy that! Thanks again.

In spite of all our bantering and smacking each other in the previous posts; I'm always open to other techs doing repairs or for sounding boards. Always good to have 2nd or 3rd opinions. Tim flat out tells ya he's not a repair tech he's a mod tech. And my opinion is that he does do good work... my opinion :whistle: But whatever...like I said before I want to learn and I always try to be open minded. Last night was a bad night! lol :laugh:

I do a bit of both. While I do tech work on CB's and such, I really can't say I'm a tech. I do have a good majority of the equipment to do tech work, and I have a fair amount of knowledge. But there are guys out there that would make me look like I'm a kitchen table hacker. :LOL:

I do it as a hobby, for fun. And I try to help the folks out here on the WWDX forums when I can... so I'm always reading up on stuff, and I try to learn some new things too. Knowledge is power, and I'm always willing to share whatever info I have!

~Cheers~

I'm in the process of re-educating myself and tinkering on my own stuff for the most part but there's a lot that I don't know and a lot I will never learn but I'm trying, reading, studying and trying. All a guy can do! I got a bunch of test equipment cheap off Craigslist long before I sent my 2000GTL to SRC. Since then I have been fiddle farting on a few cheap ebay buys that needed work and got them working again. I get so far on one, have to order parts, and go onto another but logging notes in a steno pad to keep track of where I left off. It's my stress reliever and it's a challenge. The wife doesn't understand it and rags on me but I just kep trying to plug away until she's really torked at me and then I quit again for a few days. Hard to retain things if you don't get time to dedicate to it. lol

Ive had 2 radios built at Snake Radio Customs. They are by far the best radios Ive been around... Dont talk shit until you've seen it for yourself. Your just another sinacle asshole that doesn't know a damn thing. If you wanna hate on Snake Radio Customs, go right ahead, but you'll never have a kick-ass radio. Just read the reviews on his website you fuckin troll!

Ive had 2 radios built at Snake Radio Customs. They are by far the best radios Ive been around... Dont talk shit until you've seen it for yourself. Your just another sinacle asshole that doesn't know a damn thing. If you wanna hate on Snake Radio Customs, go right ahead, but you'll never have a kick-ass radio. Just read the reviews on his website you fuckin troll!

I'm not a hater of Snake. He was going to be my choice for tune and align but I chose DTB because he Is well known and has a O-scope. I've done my research on Snake only to check his credentials and I found out that he does mods that compare with Motor Mouth Technology which I am very interested in
You are forgiven.

Last edited:

Well, the first clue to knowing someone doesn't have a clue is they can't talk without swearing. Next, of course, they can't spell (sinacle??????). They are so all-knowing & all-seeing that they can tell you what you will or won't ever have. Then to absolutely confirm that they are far above & beyond your level they call you names.

Geoff S.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio