1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Sooo I got one

Discussion in 'FCC Activity' started by Rescue, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Rescue

Rescue New Member

was dating this girl in AZ and she loved my CB on the way to her parents house ( first time meeting) I was yapping away to a buddy as we pulled up her dad and mom were standing at the door I hung up the radio I'm on the side etc...... her dad comments how I was coming through the TV and baby monitors I get all proud and show him my set up etc. the etc started out great he asked what I did then he says yeah I'm an enforcement agent for the FCC shortly after I left with my citation and an I'm really sorry sir.......

2. wavrider

wavrider W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

(n)(n)(n)(n)(n):whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

3. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

That so called enforcement officer should have known that HIS receiving equipment falls under part 15 and must accept any interference including that which causes undesirable operation. This of course assumes you were running a legal station.

4. Mustang 131

Mustang 131 Well-Known Member

More importantly..did you get any.

Rescue and tecnicoloco like this.
  5. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Well-Known Member

I bet not, didn't you read that she set him up to be busted by daddy?

Rescue likes this.
  6. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

the guy you were talking to was in on it also! LOL

i have to say that is one of the most original "got busted by the FCC" stories i've heard.

At least you gave him a great story to go to work with the next day!
    LC

Rescue likes this.
  7. Rescue

Rescue New Member

No where near legal by about 600 Watts that was many years ago yes I got some before the mishap the guy I was talking to was running a 16 pill and laughed his ass off