• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sooo I got one

Rescue

Dec 15, 2017
TX
was dating this girl in AZ and she loved my CB on the way to her parents house ( first time meeting) I was yapping away to a buddy as we pulled up her dad and mom were standing at the door I hung up the radio I'm on the side etc...... her dad comments how I was coming through the TV and baby monitors I get all proud and show him my set up etc. the etc started out great he asked what I did then he says yeah I'm an enforcement agent for the FCC shortly after I left with my citation and an I'm really sorry sir.......

That so called enforcement officer should have known that HIS receiving equipment falls under part 15 and must accept any interference including that which causes undesirable operation. This of course assumes you were running a legal station.

the guy you were talking to was in on it also! LOL

i have to say that is one of the most original "got busted by the FCC" stories i've heard.

At least you gave him a great story to go to work with the next day!
LC

Reactions: Rescue
No where near legal by about 600 Watts that was many years ago yes I got some before the mishap the guy I was talking to was running a 16 pill and laughed his ass off

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?