• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Source for LED light ring for controls (aka nitro knobs)

Klondike Mike

May 31, 2010
Alberta, Canada
tinyurl.com
I like the lighted controls that I've seen installed by other techs. I don't want the knobs. I just want the light ring. I searched eBay but it seems there's nothing showing up less than a 40mm ring. I think 10-20mm is what I'm looking for. How come I can't seem to find them? Anyone know of a source for what I'm looking for?

s-l400.jpg

Google "EKL Components" and you will see a number of shops that sell those rings and knobs, although I haven't dealt with any of them personally.

Thanks for that keyword. I'm late to the party on this. Found a few dealers wanting around $7 for the light ring. Pretty good mark up for a .25 cent item. Seems the Chinese are not interested in making a 10mm LED light ring. Pondering whether to make my own.
Blue_ring__65649.1316895120.1280.1280.jpg
Same here, I found a gentleman on eBay selling red or blue ones for about $6.95 (not made by EKL), I asked him for a quote on 10 pieces, full price all the way up, thanks but no thanks.

If I buy another EKL ring I intend to measure it and possibly come here to report the dimensions.
Surely the Chinese have something like this.

Last edited:
Have you tried any of the pinball sites? They have a lot of LED lights, and most are inexpensive.

Brett

I like stock backlighting but tend to dislike Nitro Knob's. Why? Well they tend to be too bright! I absolutely HATE blue led's and that seems to be the color you see 99.9% of the time with aftermarket Nitro Knob Kits. The light green ones used by Uniden on some of their 1990's radio's are fantastic! I have a Grant like that.

Reactions: walterjn
I know this is an old topic, but I really think there would be a demand for these. Not sure what the startup costs would be sourcing them out overseas, as I’ve never been involved in that sort of thing.

Surely one could find a Chinese supplier of LED lights to retool a machine and do some production runs?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated