• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Source for VTG President parts

Nope, gotta buy a parts radio. You cant get replacement parts for any of the old school radios for the most part. Again, you gotta buy parts rigs

Reactions: Farmer Brown
Depends on which switches you're looking for. If you're looking for the am, lsb, usb, pa/cb, or anl/nb switches, these are common switches used on a lot of radios. Ditto for the buttons on these. If you need the scan, normal, channel 9, or channel 19 switches or buttons, these are tougher to find but are out there. A lot of our members probably have what you want. Post an exact description of what you're looking for.
Finding a junker Pres Adams rig will be tough ( and expensive !!)

Many thanks for the replies.
Terrible thing is the USPS probably threw this radio during shipping and bent the on/vol/sq and the Mic/RF switchs.
I have been so down hearted about it that I haven't completely unwrapped the radio.
'IF' they can be straightened some, I may be able to use and enjoy this beautiful Adams.

Picture really don't show how much they are bent

Attachments

• KIMG3049.JPG
    KIMG3049.JPG
    829.2 KB · Views: 2
  • KIMG3052.JPG
    KIMG3052.JPG
    550.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Many thanks for the replies.
Terrible thing is the USPS probably threw this radio during shipping and bent the on/vol/sq and the Mic/RF switchs.
I have been so down hearted about it that I haven't completely unwrapped the radio.
'IF' they can be straightened some, I may be able to use and enjoy this beautiful Adams.
Having worked at the PO for 35 years, I can guarantee they threw it, and most likely threw other packages on top of it! They ride a lot of conveyors too. If you don't bullet proof the box somethings likely to get broken. Priority mail is the best way as they have their hands on it for a shorter period of time.
Sorry to hear it though.

Those are potentiometer's, not switches. There are quite a few sources to get those. Comment: it still absolutely amazes me how everyone knows how poorly and terrible carriers treat our packages and shipments, yet people pack stuff like shit with some paper and a little bubble wrap and then dont understand why it shows up destroyed. Pshh, ridiculous

people pack stuff like shit with some paper and a little bubble wrap and then dont understand why it shows up destroyed.
One of the bigger reasons our shop won't solicit shipped-in work. Having the "pro" pack it for you at the shipper's store is a crap shoot. He might know how to do it right. If you receive a damaged item, doesn't matter why. The shipper will send someone around to collect it. So the time spent unpacking, finding the damage, repacking, contacting the owner/shipper adds up to labor.

Free labor. Well, not to me. I'm still paying, but nobody else was.

Like smacking yourself on the back of the hand with a hammer. Feels so good to stop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.