• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sparkomatic cb 5100 base station radio

Hmm, this setup looks like the "sardine can" setup that was used in some of the Royce CB radios. A few of the Royce AM and a couple of the AM/SSB radios used that type of layout on the board. I would look into some Royce schematics and see if you can find any similarities there. You might hit the jackpot.

~Cheers~
There a lot alike but different

Just got ahold of one of these this weekend, very nice condition but with issues, output drops after warmup. If you still have a copy of the schematic I sure could use one.
Would it be ok to call you?

Thanks much
Eric

well i searched and i searched, and the best i can do is a bit of an educated guess.

I think it might have an LC7110 PLL in that sardine can, and if it does; it might be like the GE-5871B base station, or the Realistic TRC-454 (telephone style handset) radio.

take a look inside your sparkomatic and see if you can find any similarities to these radios.

CBtricks has a service manual for the TRC-454, but you'll have to find/buy the SAMS for the GE base station, as there is no info online for it. (SAMS CB#177)

you'll have to take the wheel from here in order to determine if these chassis are the same.
best of luck.
LC
I have an original GE 3-5871 with the schematic. Would the schematic be of any help for tubetech?

Well Recon, did some research and can't find any pictures of the insides of that particular radio but the outside does not look at all like the Sparkomatic at all. I'm
afraid it probably won't do me any good. Thank you so much for the effort

Well Recon, did some research and can't find any pictures of the insides of that particular radio but the outside does not look at all like the Sparkomatic at all. I'm
afraid it probably won't do me any good. Thank you so much for the effort
No problem and you are welcome. I made a copy of the schematic just in case you had use for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.