• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sparkomatic cb 5100 base station radio

tubetech

Dec 27, 2013
hello
i am looking for a service manual, schematic for this radio.
nice looking radio that is broken and in need of repairs.
my sams index does not list this radio.
there is a lloyds a510 radio that is identical to this radio.
73's
Ke5rgm

Great looking radio with good audio to boot. I looked to see if I had anything on it, but didn't. I recall there was a third "twin sister" radio but the brand name escapes me.

ye4SGmZ.jpg

Great looking radio with good audio to boot. I looked to see if I had anything on it, but didn't. I recall there was a third "twin sister" radio but the brand name escapes me.

ye4SGmZ.jpg
thanks for the reply
one of the twin sisters is a Lloyds A510
cant find any info on that rig either.
let me know if you find any servicing info.
enjoy your day.

It looks a lot like a JC Penney and Colt radio. Wish I could help.

Brett
hello
i am looking for a service manual, schematic for this radio.
nice looking radio that is broken and in need of repairs.
my sams index does not list this radio.
there is a lloyds a510 radio that is identical to this radio.
73's
Ke5rgm

I'd like some docs on this base ! Got one on it's way now to me..

Retro

tubetech, can we get a pic of the PC board? and which PLL is in it?

if we can't find that exact radio, we can probably find one of the 20 clones of it.
LC

if we can't find that exact radio, we can probably find one of the 20 clones of it.
LC

I will once I get mine it's on its way to me, should arrive Wednesday ! I'm not finding a darn thing on this radio or it's twin by Loyd's strangely...

Frustrating kinda, Retro

LC
Hello
here's a pic of the board. cannot see the pll chip. board is mounted sidewards to the motherboard.
this is the top and bottom of the board. hope it helps.

Attachments

• 13307499_10206113069533868_4120338742664153237_n.jpg
    13307499_10206113069533868_4120338742664153237_n.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 13327408_10206113066533793_2460683525563689209_n.jpg
    13327408_10206113066533793_2460683525563689209_n.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hmm, this setup looks like the "sardine can" setup that was used in some of the Royce CB radios. A few of the Royce AM and a couple of the AM/SSB radios used that type of layout on the board. I would look into some Royce schematics and see if you can find any similarities there. You might hit the jackpot.

~Cheers~

Hmm, this setup looks like the "sardine can" setup that was used in some of the Royce CB radios. A few of the Royce AM and a couple of the AM/SSB radios used that type of layout on the board. I would look into some Royce schematics and see if you can find any similarities there. You might hit the jackpot.

~Cheers~
Yepper Ext.13, time will tell brother ! Dag gone it ya never know huh.

Retro

well i searched and i searched, and the best i can do is a bit of an educated guess.

I think it might have an LC7110 PLL in that sardine can, and if it does; it might be like the GE-5871B base station, or the Realistic TRC-454 (telephone style handset) radio.

take a look inside your sparkomatic and see if you can find any similarities to these radios.

CBtricks has a service manual for the TRC-454, but you'll have to find/buy the SAMS for the GE base station, as there is no info online for it. (SAMS CB#177)

you'll have to take the wheel from here in order to determine if these chassis are the same.
best of luck.
LC

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
well i searched and i searched, and the best i can do is a bit of an educated guess.

I think it might have an LC7110 PLL in that sardine can, and if it does; it might be like the GE-5871B base station, or the Realistic TRC-454 (telephone style handset) radio.

take a look inside your sparkomatic and see if you can find any similarities to these radios.

CBtricks has a service manual for the TRC-454, but you'll have to find/buy the SAMS for the GE base station, as there is no info online for it. (SAMS CB#177)

you'll have to take the wheel from here in order to determine if these chassis are the same.
best of luck.
LC

Appriciate LC and I'll let you guys know. I've got the radio now and likely will have a look inside plus give her a test run soon !!! This week sometime or sooner very likely plan to look into it.

Thanks so much, Retro

Reactions: BBB
I picked up one of these on a bundle deal of a few amps this radio and a d104 mic good radio with a power mic...but would like to drop the dead key to 1.5 from 4.5..also when the audio is turned up it supposed to turn the receive speaker up...lol also my swr meters and light blew a fuse ..changed it and the main power fuse blew...ITS SOLDERED IN!!!!!.LOL HAD TO RUN A BY BASS INLINE FUSE....LOL..GETS OUT ON A GOOD DAY BUT ILL TREAT IS AS A NOSTALIGA ITEM AND USE MY ICOM 710 AND GALAXY LOL..NUMBERS

I picked up one of these on a bundle deal of a few amps this radio and a d104 mic good radio with a power mic...but would like to drop the dead key to 1.5 from 4.5..also when the audio is turned up it supposed to turn the receive speaker up...lol also my swr meters and light blew a fuse ..changed it and the main power fuse blew...ITS SOLDERED IN!!!!!.LOL HAD TO RUN A BY BASS INLINE FUSE....LOL..GETS OUT ON A GOOD DAY BUT ILL TREAT IS AS A NOSTALIGA ITEM AND USE MY ICOM 710 AND GALAXY LOL..NUMBERS

I've got mine now and really love it and yes surprised me ! The RX is quite sensitive and TX is no slouch either. Go figure, who would have thought lmao !!! Yes it's very nice and something different that is a nice addition for me. Plan to look inside when I have time and post pics here.

Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated