1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

splitting a VHF or UHF mobile antenna for FM radio reception?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Antennas' started by towerdog, Mar 11, 2018.

1. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

I would like to swap out my truck's FM radio antenna for an NMO mount and some coax. What would I need to split the FM broadcast band to go to my in dash radio? I know such exist, I have seen it on a boat for the VHF marine band, but I want UHF, or both VHF and UHF. Any ideas?

2. ShadeTreeMechanic

ShadeTreeMechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

You will need to buy an antenna already set up for this. I remember my dad got one to use with an FM converter back in the early 70s.