• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SR-447HPC2 10 Meter Radio ( Stryker radio )

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
I got a local that sells these Stryker radios. How about some opinions and reviews on this radio. I don't want to get the guy excited about a buy until I've ask the experts ! Have at it.

Reactions: S&W357

I own one and for an AM rig it's a talking little guy. A guy I sometimes run with has one in his truck and sounds superb. The only complaints from a full sized American man, the knobs are a little congested and small. I find it difficult when I adjust volume I always screw up squelch with it.

It's a nice modern radio, built really well and will probably last a lifetime so long as a golden pot turner doesn't crank everything up.

It has an internal adjustment so that you can adjust the highs and lows to your preferences, kind of cool. Receive is really nice, audio is crisp and all you could want in a AM only export.

That my take on it.

Reactions: whiteastro
thanks for the replies but I scrubbed the Strykers for now because of lack of SSB except for the model over $400.00

After the turkey days off I decided to yank the president Richard from the big truck and give the 447hpc2 a spin because I play musical radios in there.....

Turn the radio on, key up to get a check from my wife who's at the house listening from the base but she hears nothing. I don't hear her either.... Check it all and I realize that when I power it up it shows to be on band A but the selector is set to D. Flip the selector back and forth but it does nothing so essentially the radio is stuck on band A for some unknown reason. Bring it back home and everything else works as it should other than the band selector doesn’t do anything. WTH

What a shame.... such a good little talker it was

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Just an update on the Stryker. Figuring i was on my own so just for the heck of it I sent Stryker an email to see if they could point me in the right direction. To my surprise Shawn said to just send it to them. He found the issue to be very unusual so he wants to fix it. Talk about great customer support! Will update as to the outcome but it's pleasing to know they'll look at it.

Update again on the Stryker. To start I'll say they are absolutely top notch at customer service and communication. So when I talked with Shawn last week, he was shocked and almost sure that it couldn't be the band selector. They actually called this evening to tell me that it was in fact a bad band selector, it was repaired, and on its way back to me. Shortly after the emails came with status update and tracking info. Wow, absolutely great service. FOR AN ALMOST 3 YEAR OLD RADIO

The fact that they take time to make a call for updating a person!

Next radio is a 955hpc because they've won me over as a customer.

Update again on the Stryker. To start I'll say they are absolutely top notch at customer service and communication. So when I talked with Shawn last week, he was shocked and almost sure that it couldn't be the band selector. They actually called this evening to tell me that it was in fact a bad band selector, it was repaired, and on its way back to me. Shortly after the emails came with status update and tracking info. Wow, absolutely great service. FOR AN ALMOST 3 YEAR OLD RADIO

The fact that they take time to make a call for updating a person!

Next radio is a 955hpc because they've won me over as a customer.
That's awesome service! My hat is off to Shawn and his team!

Been running the 447hpc2 in the truck since it's return from the warranty center and have to say that it performs better than before. It was only the band selector that had gone bad but I guess the may have aligned and tuned it. Lot's of compliments on the audio with a 636L. Probably one of the best talking and receiving am only exports I've ever ran in a truck, and even more so now.

Double thumbs up to Stryker, excellent customer service and products!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated