• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SRA-FC393 frequency counter mod for 7.8mhz cobra/uniden use?

Xracerx13

MadMax 231-WNY
Feb 26, 2023
Rochester, NY
Anyone know the mod for the Ranger FC393 frequency counter...that is... to make it work with 7.8mhz.
The new style has all the electronics on the front panel behind the LED's.
I heard in a video that it involves changing out 2 SMD caps, adding a jumper, and adding another cap for tuning.
No pics or info anywhere that I can find. Thought I would do the asking, instead of the helping for a change. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Biggest problem is to identify the version. They changed the circuit board several times over the years it was produced. Each time the setup to choose the offset frequency got changed along with it.

Would be terribly handy if someone made a record of each revision, and the proper setup to choose the offset for each one.

Chris Holland at Superior CB was nice enough to share the mod by e-mail. Its for the most recent version of the SRA FC-393 with all the circuitry behind the front panel LED's only. For Cobra Uniden 7.8mhz. Change, 1 cap, 1 resistor, add 1 jumper.
fc393mod7.8mhz.JPG

Reactions: Woody-202

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.