• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SS 158 EDX mosfet - Clarifier MOD.

xlordo

Apr 23, 2008
Hello ppl.

I have a clone for the ss 158 edx mosfet version (voyager 158 egtl DX) and im seeking about 4 weeks for a clarifier mod, so rx and tx always on the same frequency.

Someone knows how do it ? i will be grateful if someone can tell me.

Thanks!

radio-px-voyager-modelo-vr-158-egtl-dx_MLB-F-3515363393_122012.jpg

E Thirteen, thank you for this, I used this info to unlock the fine clarifier on my 99v2.

To unlock the fine clarifier to track TX/RX, it's the same as a galaxy DX959. Here's a direct link with instructions.

Galaxy Radios DX959 Service Manual

R113 and D68 should be in the same locations on your radio as they are on the 959.

Let us know how you get on, hope this helps. :)

~Cheers~

theres was two methods . is there any real difference between them. does either one
marry both clarifers together so only 1 is needed?

Incorrect
Yes, this can be done. Been doing it on these boards for several years. I'll post a writeup when I get home from work.

~Cheers~
Incorrect this radio has the 690011D not the EPT069610Z like the 959 Any idea how to do this one?

What we've been doing is to remove the transmit-frequency trimmer pot. The 100 ohm resistor to its rear gets removed. A new 100 ohm 1/4 Watt goes onto the solder side of the pcb. The empty hole from the old 100 ohm resistor nearest the channel selector gets one lead of the new 100 ohm resistor. The other lead goes to the regulated 9 Volt rail along the front edge of the pc board.

Don't remember callout numbers for any of it. Been doing it from visual memory alone way too long.

As a rule this only disrupts the frequency setting at the clarifier's 12 o'clock position a little.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated