• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stacking KIT PDL

DxExpress

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 15, 2005
Maine
Looking for a stacking kit for PDl 2

i would take the specs and build one myself if someone has the kit with the manual that could scan them

thanks

There aren't any used ones because they fall apart and end up in the soda can barrell. Maco's Y-Quad would work just the same and they have a stacking kit and harness available. But till you go to this expence you may as well just put up a Shooting Star or a 4 element quad like the signal engineering 4+ because you'll have near the same thing as two stacked antennas with less hassels.

Good Luck!

Jonbah
1st Class Mud Duck

Reactions: Marconi
PDL-2s fall apart thats why you dont find them.

Thats not true, I just picked up two used and in great usible condition. One was up 10years and all I did was replace the nuts/bolts to stainless and put new wire on just to be sure it will be up long again.the other only up about a year.

I also got a new one under the bed for collection.

I have three freinds that each just bought used pdls and in good condition Plus I talk to three people who have them in operation at least 10years and still going strong so I think they are well built. you only need to be careful tightening the bolts holding the elements on the plastic hubs, just snug them good and no problems. I think this proves they are good and dont fall apart. There are alot of them around here in PA.

I seen another PDL-2 as I was driving upstate the last three years with tower about 50 ft high and it is in the same position every time we drive passed and noticed the coax is gone. I am stopping to try to get this one to. I am hording as many as posible and going to put them on auction site. Just keeping two used ones, one for use and one for parts just in case of real bad storm. new one is staying under bed.

RW, my wife is getting tired of trying to vacume under the bed and having to move it all the time. It will be staying there because its a safe place for it.

I have one all assembled in the garage without wire and the other is in the process of getting all new ss hardware.

I am crazy I guess, just think they are alsome looking antennas.

AP

RW, my wife is getting tired of trying to vacume under the bed and having to move it all the time. It will be staying there because its a safe place for it.

I have one all assembled in the garage without wire and the other is in the process of getting all new ss hardware.

I am crazy I guess, just think they are alsome looking antennas.

AP
I just got 2 brand new un-opened PDL II's and want to stack them. anybody know what dimentions the staking kit places the two antenna's apart and how they are co phased?
Looking for a stacking kit for PDl 2

i would take the specs and build one myself if someone has the kit with the manual that could scan them

thanks
did you ever figure out how to stack these fine antennas?

Dave, thread is 10 years old???

Look at CB tricks website, they may have the stacking instructions for the pdl2,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.