• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stacking kit

Stack Moonraker 6 !!! WOW that's alot of metal up there. A standard pipe style kit will never hold those antennas a good wind storm and you'll be heading to the recycle center. You'll probably need to cross mount tower sections and rotate the entire tower at the base. Good luck with it. post a pic when you get them erected.

Jonbah
CDX 3030

Stacked Moonraker Six's TILT!!!!

Hello DX Express:

WOW! The TILT meter was pegged on that one!

I would love to see stacked Moonrakers Six's. Should you do that PLEASE send us a few photos. I wll have it framed and hung on the wall! You will need to have your picture taken with some hot honey hanging all over you with the stacked Moonraker Six's in the background, Oh yeah. And have it printed on the front of Popular Communications Magazine, Buy six copies for your Mother. Iam sure thats a federal law. Hehehehhehehe

The problem I see is that the Horz Elements being at 9 feet long will require more than the 24 feet stacking Boom than Jo Gunn offers. I am sure this can been done it wll take a little engineering tho. Jo Gunn doesn't say the stacking boom can be used for the cross series, kind of the same as a Moonraker. Here is Jo Gunns stacking Boom.

http://www.jogunn.com/crossboom.html

I am presently rebuilding a Moonraker Six, for a old friend in my spare time. With the Mojave Desert Temp at 105 to 113 I didn't break any records yesterday getting anything done. So progress is slow at best.

The Moonraker Six of course I got used with Broke Hubs, a whipped out Truss Assembly, all the old original cheap steel hardware rusted thru and thru, bent Boom, and the light weight way too small Boom to Mast Bracket.

So a new Boom has been bought, scrapping the old Boom and getting a larger tubing diameter means that all the Element to Boom Hubs will be replaced by new Billet Machined Hubs, and a new Boom to Mast plate will be used.

The Gamma Matches have been sent to the burned out Gamma Match Bin, and new lower loss matching assemblies will be installed. The Truss assembly now in the trash can will be replaced by a Black Nylon Line Truss System.

The original Moonraker Six, Vert and Horz Elements will be used, and thats about it for the using the original parts and pieces.

I am thinking about installing a low noise high gain Pre-amp up on the Boom, that will be switched out of the loop when transmitting of course. Kind of expensive tho.

The Moonraker Four and Six Beam Antenans really worked well, having great forward gain and great rejection. on the both the sides and aft directions.

Hopfully I can put some pictures on the web site real soon.

Jay in the Mojave

http://www.a1antennas.com

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Hello QRN and EDUK8TR:

Those are great web sites, good call.

I really enjoy this Forum getting all these great replies. The picture of the stacked Moonraker Fours, looks like a place called Lake Los Angles, near Palmdale California, in the Mojave Desert.

When are thay gonna start charging admission to the Forum?

The thought has been brought up to Stack the Moonraker Six Beams, by putting them on seperate towers, allowing the beams to be moved seperatly. And allowing the beams to be spaced or stacked more than 24 feet apart from each other. Say like 36 to 48 feet apart........

This may be a really good call allowing the two directions to be fine tuned with the movement of the beams in azmith. One beam could be pointing towards the direction of the wanted station, and the other beam could be rotated to attenuate a unwanted station, oh man this is great! I can see some numbers being crunched today

Jay in the Mojave

moonraker 6 assembly

Starting to assemble the first raker 6 ,need to order the fiberglass boom support rods.trying to decide if i need to run a phase array switch box . still working on things , but will try and keep u posted on the decisions .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.