• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stargun mobile beam antenna

What makes you think I didn't already know that? Actually, there are other threads on this forum from the past where I tell people the exact same thing. I am curious by nature, and even though I have known for years this antenna was nothing but snake oil doesn't mean I wouldn't want to model it some day for kicks...

The DB
Lol ha

I would agree, snake oil.

I looked at Star guns website to see many of their ridiculous antennas claiming to be mobile beams. While I can say they make some of the most unique mobile antennas out there, the theory of design is incorrect.

All the beam elements are to short and every one with so called ground plane radials are not on the ground side of the antenna system.

Maybe if they used loading coils on the elements or longer elements with capacity hats and put the ground radials below the antenna on the ground side it might just function like a beam, but the elements would still be too close together since it's a small mobile antenna.

i tried once to look up some of the things put on antennas to supposed to make them get out better but didnt come up with anything,,, i can remember the wire loop in the center of antenna and the so called ground plane,,,,i wish there was a list some where so we could let ones know they are snake oil and ripoffs,,,,

Here is a hint. Anything that you can simply add to an antenna to make it work SOOOO much better is snake oil. A little piece here or a little loop there will not make an antenna work head and shoulders above another similar antenna.

I give you the Stargun 1-9-5...LOL 11m/70cm what??? Would I need a duplexer or a kick in the rear end if I bought this contraption?

Attachments

• stgun.jpg
    stgun.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 22
just something to think about,,, i had a newbie cber come by while i was at store and was asking me about my antenna setup,,,,, it seems he bought some kind of large coil antenna and had it on his truck bed,,,, but the thing that blew me away was his bragging he was doing 15,000 watts now,,,,soooooooo i had to ask ,,what brand of amp was he running,, he said he wasnt running amp he bought the antenna so he wouldnt need amp,,so after talking a few with him,,, the cb shop north of here struck again,, sold antenna to this fella and had him believing it was gonna be doing 15000 watts,,, same shop that sold a high school kid a 90 dollar big coil antenna and making him believe it was an 102 inch whip,,,,and i quit selling antennas and parts 15 years ago because i told the truth about the antennas i was selling and people was thinking i was lying ..

Reactions: Redbeard U812
MS why does this not suprise me?? I'm laying the maul down with my 15k antenna LOL!! Priceless. Would have liked to see the look on your face when he first said it LOL!(n):ROFLMAO::confused::D. And the driver probably felt like this after you told him the truth:cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:!!! A good salesman must work at that CB shop they are going to!!! ILMAO!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

Reminds me of a storm chaser.......

TIV_1_001.jpg
9-4DODGE_zpsjhf7kaou[1].jpg

just something to think about,,, i had a newbie cber come by while i was at store and was asking me about my antenna setup,,,,, it seems he bought some kind of large coil antenna and had it on his truck bed,,,, but the thing that blew me away was his bragging he was doing 15,000 watts now,,,,soooooooo i had to ask ,,what brand of amp was he running,, he said he wasnt running amp he bought the antenna so he wouldnt need amp,,so after talking a few with him,,, the cb shop north of here struck again,, sold antenna to this fella and had him believing it was gonna be doing 15000 watts,,, same shop that sold a high school kid a 90 dollar big coil antenna and making him believe it was an 102 inch whip,,,,and i quit selling antennas and parts 15 years ago because i told the truth about the antennas i was selling and people was thinking i was lying ..

I know that’s a 3yr old posting but any chance you got that kids number? I need one of those antennas. If I can hook that to my S9 and go from about 50w to 15kw, I’m signing up. Also gonna wrap my head like a Herseys Kiss to keep that extra energy from finishing off my brain cells.

That storm chaser mobile is BA. I’d like to have that and a Batmobile.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated