• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Static, Static, Static...

S

Shvlhead

Hello:

Maybe it's just me (or my radio), but the past month or two, I have had terrible static during the day, so much my squelch is almost maxed out. At night, the static goes away. This is more evident on Ch. 19.

This summer, the static wasn't that bad. Is this an atmospheric problem (or sun spots)? I didn't make any changes to my radio/antenna/etc.

thanks.

Shvlhead

</p>

Channel 19 is the busiest channel on the CB bands, and the ionospheric proragation is going strong this time of the year. What you are getting is Skip from 250,000 other users of channel 19. Thats just the way it is in the 11 meter band. Get an export radio where you can move off of the regular 40 and you will find it to be much quieter. Who talks on the sesame street channel these days anyway. I hope I explained it well enough for you

fasteddy.

mid79290big.jpg
</p>

Yeah it's always much wirse in the winter. Sometimes have to turn the squelch up so high I just turn it off, couldn't hear anyone anyway.

rylos1sig3.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.