1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Still a work in progress...

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by Blackcat630, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Mike Hannahs MH261

I do that very same thing

2. Mike Hannahs MH261

Tenors are awesome antennas

3. FOXRUBEN

FOXRUBEN New Member

nice job,

Blackcat630 likes this.
  4. FOXRUBEN

FOXRUBEN New Member

how many kg your system loaded?

5. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what total windload is on the tower?

6. W3TWG

W3TWG JAARO

Very nice! Time taken carefully planning and executing will allow that to last for half of ever!

Blackcat630 likes this.
  7. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

Update: 8/20/18 3:30am woke up to wife freaking out. Heard a very close lightning strike. All equipment was unhooked but I got up anyway to check things out.. half asleep everything seemed ok in the house & no bad smells that I could notice. The next morning I went outside and looked up.. bummer... 20180820_072844.jpg so the Imax blackened and split like a banana. It came to rest on the 13b2 and tweaked a couple elements but nothing that cant be fixed. NO damage to any radios. Only lost 1 power supply, son's tv, roku, and obviously the imax and 120ft feed line. All other antennas and rotor checked out ok...so far... as far as I can tell the tower grounds worked for the most part.. could've been a lot worse.. Just as I'm ready to expand and try some new antennas before winter sets in.. 1 step forward and 2 steps back (n)

Attached Files:

8. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

Ouch.
    But truth is, antenna work in winter months is the only true way to do it. Trust me. ;)

9. Blackcat630

Blackcat630 Sr. Member

So true.. been the guy on the tower with numb fingers. Just couldn't wait for warmer weather and sometimes gloves get in the way. The other day one of my local simplex guys made the comment about putting up a new antenna during some very nice weather we had recently. I told him to wait til January or at least til sub freezing temps come...It will work better. :D

binrat likes this.