• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Strange antenna phenomenon suggested, anyone ever heard of this...

Well guys it's like this, if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then daffle them with your bullshit. :D There are a lot of folks out there that can't dazzle anybody. Nuff said. :whistle:

I had a guy tell me that if you key up with a lot of power you can change somthing in the atmosphier and draw in the skip. He said it takes a couple thousand watts but it works. And the sad part is he realy and truly belives it.

DAMN !!!!! thats a good one . so a few thousand watt on 27 MHz. will cause sunspots 93 million miles away on the sufrace of our solar systems sun ????
whodathunkit !!!!!
i gotta go add that one to the myths , lies and ledgends thread . hehehehe . thanks KJ4BAE ;)

SWr problem

received signals have nothing to do with raising or lowering the standing wave of an antenna. If this guy thinks it does he should think real serious about pursuing a hobby such as ham radio or cb.

if he is having this problem , he should look at his antenna and make sure he doesn't have a loose connection in the coax or the antenna itself. rain and ice ect will affect swr but if the antenna is ok this will usually correct itself when it dries out or the ice thaws.

be careful there w0hsn !!
thats the fearless leader of the cool breeze radio network/CBRN that youre talking about . LOL . he also believes the merlin antenna will do 7-15 db more than a premium 5/8 wave antenna .
he is just full of ............ things to say . ;)

*puts on hip waders* man the BS is getting deep in this thread,deer season is getting close where I live,I might break out that 2k moble kicker and a handheld beam and get me a deer :D

be careful there w0hsn !!
thats the fearless leader of the cool breeze radio network/CBRN that youre talking about . LOL . he also believes the merlin antenna will do 7-15 db more than a premium 5/8 wave antenna .
he is just full of ............ things to say . ;)

BOOTY, please PLEASE change your sig pic... I'm running out of barf bags!

Oh, are you gonna be sorry! Or, maybe he's gonna be sorry? Anyone happen to have a picture of the 'Booty Monster'? Not 'full face', but maybe just slightly turned to one side? The "National Enquirer" ain't got nothing on me and making pictures into what you 'wish' they were.
- 'Doc

(I do 'body painting' too, by the way. Airbrushes are nice, but 'finger painting' is nicer.)

is this one better 007 ??
fcs3.gif

im leaning towards this one though .
wtf.jpg

Wow, a lot of rear reaming here.:LOL:
And from a senior administrator as well. Mmmmm
One could bake a butt butter pie with all the heat in here.
I was going to add my 2 1/2 cents, but I'll sit this one out and just watch. :pop:

Well I'm taking back my 2 1/2 cents and gettin the H_ll outa here while the gettin is good! Or at least where it's safer, or I'll end up like that other poor sap. One picture comes to mind. :bdh: I'm gone!

Hi,
It reminds me of this EA guy I knew who complained his SWR was changing on his /M when he was driving round town. The other guys on the repeater told him he must be "picking up the estacionarias" as he went along! Standing Waves = Ondas Estacionarias over here, but "estacionarias" being femenine the joke was he didn't see what the other meaning was.
Bob, EA1TH

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.