• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Stryker 440...

995 said:
One would think the makers of these radios would be smart enough to align them to 11M, then just move the jumper back and sell them out of tune for 10M.....especially sense virtually no one bothers with the alignment (including most CB shops).

I highly doubt there's many hams traveling truck stop to truck stop looking for a 10M stryker.

The actual manufacturing companies of these types of radios (exports) VERY loosely align them for US amatuer use. Even if they aligned them for 11-m use, you would still need to do your own alignment to make sure it was at its best.

Swr's were way off. So I set them again now at 1.1. It took awhile but the radio is booming now. I got all kinds of flowers on it lastnight. The antenna worning light still turns red.When I key up. DTB did a great job on this radio :rknrl

Maybe I'm wrong here But......I thought the meter on the Stryker turns red much like the old meters which indicates it is modulating .?! If I'm wrong please , please correct me . Personally, I LOVE my Stryker ! I get nothing but compliments !
DTB I know you will know the answer re: the meter on the Stryker's ....I just thought they were made to look like the "old- fashion" meters , back in the old days the old meters did this . But....I have asked several of my buds out there & no one could tell me what the AWI (antenna warning indicator ) on one of the Strykers looks like ! I AM CURIOUS ! Someone told me to key it up for just a few seconds w/ no antenna to see it ........I SAID ,.....NO THANKS ! You can do yours !

AHA ! Eureka , We have our answer ! So the red light is normal ; showing we are transmitting, now--does it change colors at all ? OR, does it only flash to indicate a SWR problem? It seems that some of the "old timey " ones would get brighter red :x as the radio had that forward swing but, NO Flash. For example....light red when you key up .....Speak AUDIO and it would go to a brighter RED ! :?: :?:

How can I get rid of the white noise. When pulling in a week signal or do I just have to live with it.

I don't have enough specific info to say for sure, but from what I've seen in my experience, yes, these are different from anything else I've seen. The closest radio would be the Northpoint line, whcih seems to use a very similar echo/talkback setup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.