• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 497 / Palomar LD 450FET

What would be the cost and advantage of conversion? I had posted this before but it went somewhere else.

Cost ? ...... Shipping only. And parts when required. I do not do any work for pay. I am an amateur and very much enjoy the hobby.
No parts required for this conversion except the input tuning capacitor which for me is less than $1 .......
Only advantage is being allowed to operate the amplifier with a high drive radio up to 70~80 watts PEP going into it.
Replacing the currently installed ERF7530 MOSFET's with the newer ERF9530's will produce more power output with the same input .....
I did this with my Palomar LD 450-FET amplifier and run it with my Stryker 955HP radio.
The amp will produce about 550 or so watts output.
Using my low drive Galaxy DX959 radio with 4 watt am dead key and PEP watts of 24~25 watts, the amp produces about 175~185 watts.
The ERF9530 MOSFET's are currently $4.95 each ......
The ERF7530 MOSFET's are no longer manufactured and very hard to find.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.