• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STRYKER 955 ASYMOD?

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
Anyone running one of these. What's been your experience and what is it that your running it with? Mic, EQ, scope ECT ECT? Happy on AM, SSB or both? Did the guy selling it to you set it up to your spec's, or did you need to go in there to make adjustments? Besides the fact that Mike didn't like the fact that (according to him) the design was stolen from MMM, he gave it a good review as far as a true plug and play widebanded "HiFi" CB. He (Mike) also gave it a thumbs up for installation, workmanship and performance on his YouTube review. Just curious of course. Is it worth the $600++ price tag? If I were so inclined to get one I'd think the extra cost over a stock 955 seems fair if it work as advertised and shown on so many YouTube clips. Seems like a good deal for those like myself who couldn't install an MMM or Asymod if our lives depended on it Thanks 73

Last edited:
Reactions: rabbiporkchop

I have used the boards and helped a couple of people set them up. I always put them in a cobra 29 or similar AM only radio. With the board installed a 29 will produce just enough clean power to drive a pair of 2879s to 100 watts pep. Perfect driver for an HF amplifier.

I've talked to a couple of guys who bought the 955 with asymod already installed. Both seemed happy with it.

SSB does not work with the typical install. I don't know if the seller installs a switch to bypass the board or what he's doing there. I would definitely ask if you use ssb. There is some info about that in the install manuals.

For audio gear you could use almost any mic and something like a presonus studio channel or an art prochannel. One piece of gear gets you a preamp, as, and compressor. I like to have a brick wall limiter as the last item in the audio chain to prevent overshoot. I use an aphex dominator 2 for that but it is not a requirement as long as you leave yourself plenty of headroom.

Some make it without a scope but you really need one or an rea modulation monitor. If you use an amplifier most aren't linear so your perfect waveform coming from the radio might look like cap coming out of the amplifier.

Last edited:
I give, so what is an ASYMOD and why is it 600 bucks? A properly tuned 955 sounds great on the air as is. Just wondering.
I've had several members explain how to share a link. Unfortunately I just can't get it. It's really frustrating. I've even watched a YouTube video on how to share links on this or any site and as I mentioned I just can't get it. It's very frustrating! There are several videos on YouTube but one of the better ones is the one that Mike posted. Mikes radio repair on YouTube has a really good clip of the Stryker 955 with the Asymod board installed. 73 PS sorry for my ignorance.

Attachments

• Watch %22Review of a Asymod III .txt
    140 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
I've had several members explain how to share a link. Unfortunately I just can't get it. It's really frustrating. I've even watched a YouTube video on how to share links on this or any site and as I mentioned I just can't get it. It's very frustrating! There are several videos on YouTube but one of the better ones is the one that Mike posted. Mikes radio repair on YouTube has a really good clip of the Stryker 955 with the Asymod board installed. 73 PS sorry for my ignorance.
I'll help you out. Personally I wouldn't waste the money.

Reactions: freecell
I'll help you out. Personally I wouldn't waste the money.

I appreciate your offer but I'm a happy old time straigth forward fine sounding non modified stock audio section good ol CB craze built equipment user. A few add ons/enhancements ok but after hearing them all from mmm, direct injected, outbound audio gear over under processed, interfaced EQ CB rigs with studio mic stations that sound nothing like their owners would be proud of if they were on the receiving end. I like the way some sound but 6 - 20khz wide is imo going overboard. I get excellent (unsolicited) audio reports everytime I'm on air. Don't get me wrong for some it's what they want and obviously work's for them. Not to mention my IMAX 2000 is about 7' off the ground. And isn't going any higher in the near future. For me it's just not worth the trouble. I've made contacts and held most excellent qso's east to Japan west to Turkey north to Canada and to the furthest southern parts of the Americas. I swapped my west mountain DSP speaker for $600 worth of equipment but miss it so much I just purchased a new one. It's incredible the way that little wonder makes my double conversion front end Madison receive on single Side Band. Absolutely a joy to listen to. I'm a happy camper. The fet mod loosecannon did on my d104 has added a nice low end to my Madison's audio (which I use specifically on SSB) and the ft 950 I bought for a song and dance still sits it's it original shipping boxes because I truly don't think without a ticket it's worth hooking up. Especially with my lack of antenna height. After recapping everything you see in the pic my station I will be used until the sun burns out. With great enjoyment I might add. I do appreciate your offer though. Thank you very much. My interest about the 955 Asymod was brought on by the fact he's obviously selling them yet I've never heard one on air except for the YouTube clips made by the manufacturer. 7320170601_202916.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover
I appreciate your offer but I'm a happy old time straigth forward fine sounding non modified stock audio section good ol CB craze built equipment user. A few add ons/enhancements ok but after hearing them all from mmm, direct injected, outbound audio gear over under processed, interfaced EQ CB rigs with studio mic stations that sound nothing like their owners would be proud of if they were on the receiving end. I like the way some sound but 6 - 20khz wide is imo going overboard. I get excellent (unsolicited) audio reports everytime I'm on air. Don't get me wrong for some it's what they want and obviously work's for them. Not to mention my IMAX 2000 is about 7' off the ground. And isn't going any higher in the near future. For me it's just not worth the trouble. I've made contacts and held most excellent qso's east to Japan west to Turkey north to Canada and to the furthest southern parts of the Americas. I swapped my west mountain DSP speaker for $600 worth of equipment but miss it so much I just purchased a new one. It's incredible the way that little wonder makes my double conversion front end Madison receive on single Side Band. Absolutely a joy to listen to. I'm a happy camper. The fet mod loosecannon did on my d104 has added a nice low end to my Madison's audio (which I use specifically on SSB) and the ft 950 I bought for a song and dance still sits it's it original shipping boxes because I truly don't think without a ticket it's worth hooking up. Especially with my lack of antenna height. After recapping everything you see in the pic my station I will be used until the sun burns out. With great enjoyment I might add. I do appreciate your offer though. Thank you very much. My interest about the 955 Asymod was brought on by the fact he's obviously selling them yet I've never heard one on air except for the YouTube clips made by the manufacturer. 73View attachment 20886
When I said "I'll help you out" I just meant I would share the video you were trying to post.

Reactions: Sonar
When I said "I'll help you out" I just meant I would share the video you were trying to post.
My bad. How the fuck do I share a link question mark especially in YouTube link? Several people have tried to explain how I can accomplish this but I am dense ! They tried saving it to my hard drive then trying to share. But I get a notification from this site saying it's not a proper format. There are other things I try to I just basically have given up. if you can explain it as juvenile as possible I would absolutely appreciate it. If you would like to p.m me that would be most excellent of you. Thanks. 73

View attachment 20893 While you're watching a video on YouTube just copy the text in the address bar and paste it.

Seems simple enough for the PC but I'm using a Galaxy j7 smart phone. I'm assuming you can be done with a smartphone just as it can with a PC but it's definitely a different look to the screen that you provided. If I was on a PC I download have any problem sharing a link but these smartphones are quite different screenwise.

Seems simple enough for the PC but I'm using a Galaxy j7 smart phone. I'm assuming you can be done with a smartphone just as it can with a PC but it's definitely a different look to the screen that you provided. If I was on a PC I download have any problem sharing a link but these smartphones are quite different screenwise.

Let me try from the phone. A galaxy7.

Tap this arrow while watching you tube app.20170611_160519.png

Now tap copy link. 20170611_160605.png

Then tap but hold your finger on the screen where you would type your post. Then paste.

This is what I get when saving to memoScreenshot_20170611-173209.pngAnd although I get a shared link to pop up when copied, once it's tapped it goes to a fault page and will not share. This sucks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.