• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 Redesign.

It's hard to tell but looks like it might even be the same board minus some parts. The output transistor section seems to only be lacking some parts to be the same. Fill in the parts, some software changes and you might have a new 955....Screenshot_20220122-172013_Gallery.jpg

The K-PO seems to have alot of really nice features and if it becomes available I may have to bite! Probably going to be way cheaper than a 955 for a few less watts.

JD

That section that is circled...

Think about this...

You have the Pre-Driver - then this empty spot, but if the radio is AM or FM - it doesn't need to be "fully populated" - in SSB, that section is used to drive - the Pre-Driver ahead of it, is a simple mixer buffer amp - you need the "missing section" to drive SSB (Linear amp) - else it's not needed so they simply jumper over it to the Driver and Final for AM/FM modes. (Class D and above)

It would explain the missing Trim-pots, you don't need them for Biasing in AM or FM (Constant carrier power) modes. You don't need the circled section if you don't need the stage to drive linearly for SSB.

Galaxy and Connex - and Ranger follow suit.

You see this - but that is a "955" board populated for something else, much like how Galaxy populated (even swapped) boards for the 29-73 for - AM/FM then convert for fully populated for the 77 - 99 series that have AM/FM/CW - SSB.

That's not what I'm saying, was only pointing out that it's probably the same board as the 955. But... as of yet my hand isn't quite steady enough for all that.
I had to rush on that post. I agree probably the same board. That surface mount stuff is so small very few techs/radio people can do anything major with it. On new radio's for warranty work I bet they either replace the entire board or just chuck the radio and send out a new one.

20220127_201229.jpgSo here is both the upcoming stryker 955 and the k-po 5000 plus.

My previous post here I think I confused this thread with the other k-po thread. In doing that it looks like I jumbled up and confused a few include myself haha.

Anyway, not that it matters but the 955 has all the missing parts that the k-po doesn't have. The k-po could be a very close comparison with a little less power and lesser cost but......... then there's probably no customer support or warranty with the less expensive unit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.