• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

Yes the NR is a game changer in this chassis.

You fellas that aren't liking the nr, is it adjustable in the 955? In the quad 5N2 it is and makes a very noticeable difference depending on what level it's at. It takes some getting used to the way it sounds but it's especially great on ssb. I used the quad 6 yesterday and although it's a magnificent radio, I missed not having NR. You'll get spoiled.

Yes the NR is a game changer in this chassis.

You fellas that aren't liking the nr, is it adjustable in the 955? In the quad 5N2 it is and makes a very noticeable difference depending on what level it's at. It takes some getting used to the way it sounds but it's especially great on ssb. I used the quad 6 yesterday and although it's a magnificent radio, I missed not having NR. You'll get spoiled.
I don't see any adjustablity.

Shawn answered my inquiry and said, "I'll see where they are with the firmware upgrade. I haven't forgotten about this or you, so it's not something that was tossed to the side."
That's great! Hopefully they can add something to the menu to adjust the sensitivity.

Mine sounds fine with the NR on in all modes!! Maybe I got lucky…
Yeah, I think you got lucky, or they desensitized it a bit. Mine literally sounds robots under water. LOL. Clarifier won't do it.

Reactions: Prof. Base
By chance, is it adjustable via the software?

I know many things are set and forget via software settings.
For example on the Stryker sr-447hpc2, it has a roger tone function that can only be turned on via software. The radio user interface or switches have no way of enabling or disabling the beep, only through software programing.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
By chance, is it adjustable via the software?

I know many things are set and forget via software settings.
For example on the Stryker sr-447hpc2, it has a roger tone function that can only be turned on via software. The radio user interface or switches have no way of enabling or disabling the beep, only through software programing.

Just a thought.
There are about 58 settings in the engineer's menu setup. Only 7 or so are ever adjusted/tweaked by the user. There isn't a single reference to Noise Reduction, other than what is in the user's setup menu....and that's either on or off.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.