• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Want to hear more about this radio. I was considering it even though my local guy says they are hard to get. Next choice was a President Lincoln II+ which might be a better choice anyway down the road.

Greg T

945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Mine is at Stryker repair right now because it won't talk to my computer. Also, I hate the noise filter they put in the receiver. Makes everything sound robotic. The audio band width is a good feature, tho. Mine talks really well, SSB is excellent. But, I'm not a fan of the software driven alignment. We'll see how mine performs wh4en I get it back. I'm assuming they're installing a new board.

Reactions: whiteastro

Prof. Base

Oct 20, 2021
So far the V2 has been a hit and miss for some people. The NR on/off setting works best on ssb and even then, it does have a robotic nature to it. I was told there might be a firmware update to fix it later....but who knows.

Reactions: whiteastro

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
I know Jim at Key CB in Warren,IN used to be the Stryker repair place. He now has a shop in Dowagiac,MI, not sure if he still does Stryker repairs or not. He's a sharp old dude for sure.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Roadstar:
    good morning to all and Happy Thanksgiving to all:giggle:
  • dxBot:
    Greg T has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    solar storm report
  • @ k3zl:
    I am installing a G5RV and wanted to know if there is a way to enhance prior to installation.