• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V2 run-time error 6 overflow

I shot a quick email to Shawn about this. Just received a reply stating they recently figured it out and are working on a fix they can deploy for those who are capable of installing it. Seems to me, if one can read the radio and figure out it's bad, they can fix it. Those who do not program with a computer will never find out it's bad. LOL.

Sure seems like the development guys at qixiang spent very little time testing the software on the radio before releasing the radio to the public. Power it up, yep it works, start the production line boys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
Sure seems like the development guys at qixiang spent very little time testing the software on the radio before releasing the radio to the public. Power it up, yep it works, start the production like boys!
Undoubtedly the product of cost cutting. Several car audio companies never got off the ground because they received a boat load of junk. The Chinese company (government) will implement cost cutting measures without telling you.......

Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
And to think that it all started when Mark and I weren't agreeing on the cause for the error 6 overflow. I said it was the eeprom, he said it wasn't and mentioned some freq change could affect it. I asked him to make a video showing how.....Boom! He did, however, say that Stryker was aware of the fix. Something so small...causing all these problems. Shadetree is right...cost cutting and shortcuts.

And to think that it all started when Mark and I weren't agreeing on the cause for the error 6 overflow. I said it was the eeprom, he said it wasn't and mentioned some freq change could affect it. I asked him to make a video showing how.....Boom! He did, however, say that Stryker was aware of the fix. Something so small...causing all these problems. Shadetree is right...cost cutting and shortcuts.
I'm going to read my radio on Wednesday (no time tomorrow) and I will have the file if anyone needs it. I will gladly email it to whomever may need it.

Thanks for posting that, Greg. While I have no need for the info myself it may save someone's butt five years down the line.
Not a problem. no sense in sitting on it. If I have it can be shared. I originally went through the riggers of a warranty replacement before this idea was exposed, so maybe someone will be saved from the hassle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.