• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HPC

H1driver

Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2011
I have a 955hpc and the volume of the internal speaker is not loud enough, even using as a base. Never had this issue with any radio, but did read that the radio had a small internal speaker but never any posts about lack of volume. Is there anything that can be done? What about the amplified external speakers, would they increase the volume? I have a regular (non amplified) external speaker plugged in now and it helps simply since it can be positioned better, but it is not really any louder. The radio has been like this since it was bought new (put it on the shelf since I did not have an antenna up at the time, so I am just now trying to use it). Thanks for any advice.

image.jpg If you can find one, Radio Schack made an amplified speaker that works well. I use one myself and it's loud. Let me see if I can find any. Here is one on eBay. They aren't bad. Not the best money can buy but they do work and are made for communications. Use mine on base station and it really is loud and has good sound. Again, I know there are better dsp speakers and such, but for the money these speakers aren't bad and are an amplified 8 ohm speaker that will match the impedance of your radio as well. Hope this helps.

View attachment 16305 If you can find one, Radio Schack made an amplified speaker that works well. I use one myself and it's loud. Let me see if I can find any. Here is one on eBay. They aren't bad. Not the best money can buy but they do work and are made for communications. Use mine on base station and it really is loud and has good sound. Again, I know there are better dsp speakers and such, but for the money these speakers aren't bad and are an amplified 8 ohm speaker that will match the impedance of your radio as well. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I was not sure how much the amplified (powered) speakers raised the volume.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.