1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Stryker SR 440 VR4A and VR22?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Low_Boy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Well-Known Member

I am not savvy enough to tell what these two VR's do by looking at the schematics but both were turned and I will need to know how to readjust them and what they do. I can not seem to figure it out.

2. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

Low Boy, look over here...
    http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/stryker/sr_440hp/tour/tour2.htm

VR 22 is the RF gain pot, over by J108 / P108 - and one of the leads off of this goes to R190 a 10K resistor.

Stryker440P108J108view1.jpg

VR4(a) connects to the Squelch control on the front panel. (thru D14)

But if you board doesn't look like the one shown - all bets are off!
    VR 4(a) is a Squelch trim - turn SQ control on front panel up a little less than a 1/4 of a turn from fully coutner clockwise (off) - this turns on the squelch - you're adjusting for noise present in the air on the receiver - adjust this trimmer unitl you hear the squelch pop and you hear hiss RX again.

#2 Handy Andy, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Eldorado828 likes this.
  3. Low_Boy

Same board Andy. Thank you I saw it went to tuning coils but could not figure it out.
    Thank you. Nice graphics also.

4. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Do Your Research First, Then Decide...

CrAzY?!

Posted first one, it disappeared then reposted - oh well I'll remove one as a dupe...

Twice the fun eh?

5. Low_Boy

Andy you now have the only info on the Internet about these two adjustments.

6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Good info. I have a 440 that was worked on by Stick Man and it is a talker, always get good reports.