• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-447HPC2 Knowledge

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
I'm not familiar with the Stryker flavors and after getting this little loud fella I've got a few questions. The dk on low is about 2.5 watts with high being almost 13 watts. I'm ignorant to this chassis but I'm thinking that's a little hot for high. This is a 520 version. If it were a ranger chassis I could get the service manual/schematic etc. but aside from a bunch of opinions in google searches I can find nothing. I naturally want to turn it down to about 10 on higher but without a schematic I don't even know which of the mini potentiometers are for the AM low and high. It's a cool little radio though

I'm not familiar with the Stryker flavors and after getting this little loud fella I've got a few questions. The dk on low is about 2.5 watts with high being almost 13 watts. I'm ignorant to this chassis but I'm thinking that's a little hot for high. This is a 520 version. If it were a ranger chassis I could get the service manual/schematic etc. but aside from a bunch of opinions in google searches I can find nothing. I naturally want to turn it down to about 10 on higher but without a schematic I don't even know which of the mini potentiometers are for the AM low and high. It's a cool little radio though
New and never been tinkered with? I have the same radio with 2.5 to just about 10.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Thank you again shadetree, that verified what I thought and got me in the right direction. So I took some good clear pictures and documented alignment locations etc. Where could I put these pictures and findings for others to find when they might need them? Should I start a new thread? I'm thinking that would be more appropriate because I could title it differently. Thoughts?

Thank you again shadetree, that verified what I thought and got me in the right direction. So I took some good clear pictures and documented alignment locations etc. Where could I put these pictures and findings for others to find when they might need them? Should I start a new thread? I'm thinking that would be more appropriate because I could title it differently. Thoughts?
Maybe start a new thread and put a link to it here. The more subjects on this, the easier for people to find the information. Imo

Was this a radio you kept and used in the big truck?

I ask, as a friend who runs OTR bought one and is using it in a 389 Pete pulling a tall pneumatic. (EVERHARDT C27 baseload whips).

Aftermarket mics any better than stock?

Was this a radio you kept and used in the big truck?

I ask, as a friend who runs OTR bought one and is using it in a 389 Pete pulling a tall pneumatic. (EVERHARDT C27 baseload whips).

Aftermarket mics any better than stock?

Slow, I did use it when still in the t800, mirror mounted, and cophased with Francis antennas. That radio was definitely heard and complimented quite often, however in a mobile environment the stock mic didn't fair very well. The astatic 636 and telex rk56 both did excellent with that radio. To go further I bought the Stryker sr-65bc to match it and it did great also so pick your mate on this one. I'm pretty sure any of those will suit but a person's voice will contribute to how it's heard on the other and what fits better. For myself, was told the rk56 sounded best.

So to sum it up, in a class 8 truck environment the stock mic does suffer compared to an aftermarket mic.

Reactions: Slowmover
Slow, I did use it when still in the t800, mirror mounted, and cophased with Francis antennas. That radio was definitely heard and complimented quite often, however in a mobile environment the stock mic didn't fair very well. The astatic 636 and telex rk56 both did excellent with that radio. To go further I bought the Stryker sr-65bc to match it and it did great also so pick your mate on this one. I'm pretty sure any of those will suit but a person's voice will contribute to how it's heard on the other and what fits better. For myself, was told the rk56 sounded best.

So to sum it up, in a class 8 truck environment the stock mic does suffer compared to an aftermarket mic.

Thanks! I’ve sent the info along.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.