• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-497 HPC Review

50 watts DK is way to high to get any good modulation out of that radio. Those final mosfets will not last long at that level. You will be sending it back anyways so to stop the bleeding and think of it as a 70 max watt radio, divide by (4) to get the proper 1:4 ratio equals 15-17 watts DK for optimum modulation. Set it there...You can do it!

I'm consistently getting HiFi audio reports with just the Stryker 497 set with with a pinch of reverb running at 5-7 watts DK pushing a HD (4) 2sc2879 box and a good Turner +2 desk mic. Now the secret is out :censored:
I still have the 497 still sounding good was told the bird dummy load/meter read deadkey but not swing from modulation.

Cool!
I've heard some of these radios and have talked to them. So long as they haven't been jimmied with, the sound pretty good as far as I can tell. The ones that have messed with; not so much . . .
I run a Stryker SR-497-HPC in my big rig n I love it. I'm a Stryker fanatic now I'm buying either a SR 447 or a SR-497-HPC for my pickup truck, but I ain't decided yet

I see this is an old thread but am interested in this radio. Which units came with the single final and when did they switch to 4 mosfets? A little confusing reading about this rig and what's inside.

A friend of mine has one of these.

He paid a lot of money for it, but apparently that was because of the custom tune he got with it.

I asked him how good the tune was.
he said, "it's fine".
LC

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated