• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR 89 MC????

Hurricane95

Oct 28, 2015
Waterloo, IA
Hello, does anyone have any info on the Stryker SR 89 MC? I like the small size of the unit and that it's all contained in the mic. Just wondered about performance and durability.

I have been trying to get a hold of Bells CB, but they are hard to catch on the phone!

Thanks for any insight.
Chris
"595" Iowa

They are an AM/FM 10 meter radio packed into part of the mic and also a head unit I beleive. Here are the specs direct from strkyer themselves. How well they perform, I am not sure of. Never even heard one on air to be quite honest. I tnink a couple of members either have them or had them, and nothing impressive that I can remeber about them other than being a bit more compact. But heck it's only an AM/FM radio. No SSB. Not for me. If it had SSB then I might look twice. Is space an issue as to why you want this radio?? If not, get the 955hp. Then you can at least use another mode of operation. JMHO. And also, the head unit will need to have good air flow I would think as it most likely gets hot, or pretty warm. Might think about a fan right off the get go if it doesn't have one. I'll let someone who has one speak more on it. But the specs are below. Nothing really special about it other than it being a mic display remote head unit. JMHO.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for the info. I like the small size, but the lack of sideband capability does damper the enthusiasm some. Thinking it might make a nice compact radio though for the daily.

I have a Galaxy 94 at home on a home made dipole. Just kinda want something small for roadtrips.

Sold 100+ of these radio. Make sure ifmyiumdomget one that you get the one with the MOSFET final. This newest 2015 model year has tons better filtering. The original model had way too much RX noise. The new model also has an rf gain and high low rf power. I normally drop the high dead key down from the 8-10 watts it comes with stock, down to 7 on high and 3 on low. No need to adjust the modulation in these.

The mics are a little sensitive for mobile use. I don't like the dual purpose +/- buttons. They control the volume,mother when you hit the toggle button on the side, the +/- buttons adjust the squelch. A manual volume and squelch would make this radio 10 times better. For this reason alone, I don't like to use it.

Very good receive.

Reactions: BBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.