• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Sr-955 Version 2

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan

Okay, can't find the info on the web anywhere. Anyone know how to open up 11 meters on these V2 Strykers? Is it a software button sequence, or must I remove a resistor or something? I just wanna try one of these and don't want to pay a shop $120.00 for a "tune up" that doesn't exist.​

I bought mine from Trucks CB Sales and had them do the conversion. I have not seen anything about how to convert it, but I suspect it is like the K-PO DX5000+ that I also have that shares the same board. The K-PO uses a secret menu, hold 2 buttons and power on. Let me goof around with my Stryker for a minuet, I will see what I find.

Reactions: skiman1
Well, if you hold the FUNC button while power on it is the factory reset.

Crap!

But the CB band is still band 4, so maybe there is a jumper inside or something.

Hold the COLOR button and power on is the engineering menu. Scan is some kind of function test.

If you buy it from Scott's he might tell you how to do it. He was smug about the K-PO conversion in his videos, But when I got it, there was an extra piece of paper in the box with instructions how to do it. You could probably call him and see if he would send instructions with the Stryker, which I suspect he would.

Reactions: H1driver and Greg T
A
Well, if you hold the FUNC button while power on it is the factory reset.

Crap!

But the CB band is still band 4, so maybe there is a jumper inside or something.

Hold the COLOR button and power on is the engineering menu. Scan is some kind of function test.

If you buy it from Scott's he might tell you how to do it. He was smug about the K-PO conversion in his videos, But when I got it, there was an extra piece of paper in the box with instructions how to do it. You could probably call him and see if he would send instructions with the Stryker, which I suspect he would.

What, exactly, is the engineering menu? I would love to have access to the service menu. Don't know what the engineering menu is.

A

What, exactly, is the engineering menu? I would love to have access to the service menu. Don't know what the engineering menu is.
I am not quite sure what the engineering menu parameters are exactly. It appears to be frequency adjustments, power levels, modulation, etc. Basically the things that used to be adjusted on the board itself.

Edit
So basically it is the service menu.

Reactions: Greg T
I am not quite sure what the engineering menu parameters are exactly. It appears to be frequency adjustments, power levels, modulation, etc. Basically the things that used to be adjusted on the board itself.

Edit
So basically it is the service menu.
Thats what I'm looking for. Do you know how to access it?
Duh!! Lol... hold color and power up

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Word of warning, before you change anything write down the default values first.

Jeff

Oh, yes of course. What I'm most concerned with is the pep output on the lowest setting. My V1 came a bit too hot right out of the box. I had to knock it back a bit to protect my DX-500V. The one thing I noticed on these Strykers is that the modulation pot didn't need to be touched. I only bumped mine a hair to give me some overhead when using the M-1 Yaesu mic.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.