• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Sr 955hpc high swr on ssb?

I have a 955hp that I got from Bells about a year ago. I have been really happy with it. Now sometimes I will get an swr high alert on ssb, and the radio will show infinity. If I switch to am it goes back down, and if I turn the power down to 10 o'clock it goes back down. Any idea what I should be looking at? All I have is a RadioShack meter, and I have never been able to make it work unless I had a 4 watt carrier. If I turn the stryker up, or my dx 979 down it doesn't work. Do I just need a different meter, and if so, what is the best?
ANY time you defeat the alc in ANY radio, you spike critical components that, in the future will go bad.. let that be a lesson.

ANY time you defeat the alc in ANY radio, you spike critical components that, in the future will go bad.. let that be a lesson.
Bells has a decent reputation so I would be surprised if it was hacked, but it is possible.

I would also think Stryker would have been able to fix it if the problem was a modification, but strykers service center failed to fix it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.