• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR94 or President Ronald?

Pontia787

Feb 22, 2023
Hi All,

I'm thinking about picking up a compact 10m radio and converting it to 11m. The specs and price on the Stryker 94 and the President Ronald are pretty close. Are there any practical reasons to pick up one over the other? I do like that I can get matching 10m and 2m radios with the Stryker/Anytone Combo.

Pick your poison, both are neat little rigs. I own the apollo and the 94 which are the same radio, different name. I don't own that president though.
You might get more functions in the president and a standard mic jack rather than the rj45.

Both work well. It's all about what works for you.

Reactions: Pez
I have the SR-94HPC in my 4x4, hidden away in the glovebox. There isn't a more solidly built, and compact rig of this type/power available anywhere. It's fully featured. I use mine as a 10m ham radio, in VFO mode. I have the optional CTCSS board too.

I would bet the Ronald will have a slightly hotter, and slightly quieter RX than the 94 (the newer platform rigs all tend to have a great RX these days, but I haven't played with one yet). I'm not saying that the 94 is bad at all, it's really good! It's just that the 94 is one generation older than the new President.

But the 94 is definitely my pick, overall. You probably can't go wrong either way.

7320230219_170025.JPG

Reactions: Eldorado828

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.