• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Study Manual in Stock?

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
Does Radio Schack Still stock the Study Manuals? Or should I order something better? Public Library?

I'm getting tired of the online study, and would like to keep the best possible manual on my night stand.

thanks

Gene

I dont know if Radio Shack still carries them or not..I got my study book for general from MFJ ...and it made learning pretty easy,between the MFJ book and the practice tests at QRZ.com passing was easy

I started to buy the books but found the qrz site and lots of data online plus pod casts, So I have been studying those. See what happens next month when I take my Tech and General

The books that Radio Shack carried were the Gordon West series. I haven't seen those in stock at The Shack in a few years. However, they are easy to find on Amazon. There are also several online study programs that occasionally run ads here...look for them on the sidebars. I haven't personally used them, but they're supposed to be good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    C'mon let me take you on a Sea Cruise! (Maybe there is someone to talk to out there?)
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Just for the Halibut.
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Seems to be dead on the radio lately. I don't know if the conditions are horrible, or more likely my weak antennas. I may head up in the mountains on Wednesday and see if reception / transmission is improved.