• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Substitute for L44 Cobra 2000

Brian G

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone have a clue if there is a viable alternative for L44 in my Cobra?? Mine is corroded and slightly damaged and causing lots of issues in the circuit. I don’t have an old radio to pull one from. Or do you know what the specs are on it (uH?)

Last edited:

L44, eh? The schematic says it's a "LD066". Have never seen specs for it. And that's a problem with most of the magnetic components in a CB radio. Part numbers only, no description of the component's internal design.

With no junkyard to draw on, I would unwind it carefully counting the turns. I'm pretty sure the wire is no larger than about number 32. I'm pretty sure that it's a transmission-line transformer that has two parallel twisted wires on it. The end of wire number 1 gets connected to the start of wire number two. This junction is what connects to C157, the 'output' terminal of L44. Won't matter which of the two end wires goes to either of the other two holes in the pc board.

Unless you discover someone who sells it, rewinding may be your only hope.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.