• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Suggestions for first HF antenna

Alright...well I moved the balun of the dipole up high to where I used to have one of the legs tied to. Then I tied each leg to opposite corners of the house with the garden twine.

Now my SWR's are back high again.....aka getting pegged out.

Please take a look at the pics....

Oh yeah...alsomost forgot I made another contact before I moved the dipole...with K7PP out of Hoquiam, WA

Attachments

• dipole 007.jpg
    dipole 007.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 167
  • dipole 008.jpg
    dipole 008.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 234
  • dipole 009.jpg
    dipole 009.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 153
  • dipole 010.jpg
    dipole 010.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 150
  • dipole 011.jpg
    dipole 011.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 147
Just from your description, I think I'd put the antenna where you seem to have the best results. It's going to be less than 'ideal' since it's so close to things around it (house, etc.), so take the 'best' option that you've found (so far). Aside from the effort of moving it around, I very much doubt if you'll hurt anything by trying new positions. It's a fairly good idea to keep notes about how it performs in various positions, what you hear etc. If you decide to change it again for whatever reason you'll have something to give you an idea of what may happen.
So far, I think you've run into what all of us have experienced at one time or another.
- 'Doc

TurboT...It's like going to the doctor...have to heed their advice...

Your going to HAVE to have a 100ft tower, and the XYL is just going
to have to accept that!
Keith:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated