• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Antennas YP-3 Portable Multi-Band Yagi Review

Moleculo did your bag have extra parts?

No, I don't recall any extra parts. I just looked in the bag briefly and nothing jumped out at me.

I wonder how that thing would play on a cold Jan. night in Minnesota? Something tells me those exposed coils are made for you boys in the tropics. We run portable from our ice fishing houses and some days in January when the wind chill is -100 F and snow is butt deep to a tall Indian.

The coils are made up of enameled wire, so I doubt that ice would pose much of an RF problem - although it could add some serious weight to the whole thing!

I know this is an old thread, but how is it holding up. are people still using the antenna. I came across one locally for sale BN for I think a good price.

Sorry, I missed this post.

I sold the antenna to fund other projects, but wouldn't mind owning one again. It is a really well made antenna, but it does require a pretty decent support structure, as you might imagine. If you run into one for a good price and have the ability to support it, I say buy it.

That's alright. I used it portable for 2 months but missed 40 and 80 metres. I too sold it for pretty well the same price as what I paid for it. Definitely a worthy antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.