• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super flexible RG213

linearone

King of NY
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten Apple Trees
www.acboxes.com
About 17 years ago I got a sample of RG213 sent to me from Davis RF. The guy had told me it was so flexible you could tie it in a knot. When it arrived , he sent me a ft tied in a knot. I was stunned. The thing that got me was not just the stranded center like all the others but it was the dielectric and jacket that was amazing. The jacket was not pvc, it was, or had to be rubber or rubber like.
I called them the other day and was trying to explain this to them, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Anybody here intimately familiar with RG213? Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Smiley at Smiley CB in Cali was sent a sample of it as well with the promise it was gonna be the new best thing soon. I'm pretty sure the finished product never materialized.

Reactions: linearone
You said the jacket was "rubber like", what about the dielectric? That must have been the key to its extra flexibility.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.